- nervous - wb

this is set during season three, episode six: e pluribus unum

summary; will and y/n have a fight and all will wants to do is tell her his true feelings that is making him so nervous.

word count:  1015

. . .

y/n was right when she said that one summer could change everything. so many things changed. especially the groups romantic relationships.

nancy and jonathan broke up, yet they seem to be back together.

hopper and joyce were in their own lover's quarrel, but they seemed to be currently somewhere off the map.

eleven and mike broke up, well, eleven dumped him, but they seem to be doing just fine.

max dumped lucas like usual, but everyone knew that they would get back together again, so nobody was worried.

but for will and y/n, things were certainly not fine.

the two kids, or should i say teens, have been dating for three years now and everything was going fine, until something changed in both of them. some would blame it on puberty, but in reality it had nothing to do with that.

will had been distancing himself from his girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend. he had done it a year prior and he regretted it. he felt so lonely without her by his side. he didn't know why, but he started doing it again, maybe it was out of habit. if you asked him, he couldn't give you the real answer, because he had no idea himself.

y/n had started hanging out with el and max more, also distancing herself from the youngster byers boy.

unfortunately, this resulted in something that never occurred before.

they had their first fight.

something that never happened. ever.

so, they broke up.

y/n joined el and max on this wild goose chase to try to figure this billy and heather situation out, and unfortunately they found evidence that hawkins still wasn't safe. they needed help, so they rounded up nancy, jonathan, lucas, mike and, well, obviously will.

y/n and will tried their best not to look at each other, not at the wheeler's, not at the hospital, but that seemed too long to be apart from each other, way, way too long.

they were on the other side of the room as the other, in hopper's cabin, desperately trying not to look at each other, but failing miserably.

"talk to her." jonathan says, walking up to his younger brother.

"huh?" will asks, breaking out of his daze.

"y/n. talk to her." jonathan nudges.

"i-i can't, she obviously doesn't want to talk to me." will desperately sighs.

"have you not seen the way she's been looking at you. she loves you, will. so much. she obviously misses you, and you obviously miss her too. so i'm gonna say it again, talk to her." and with that being said, jonathan leaves to go talk to nancy.

will stands up, knees shaking as he tries to steady himself, once he does, he approaches y/n, who was staring right at him.

"h-hey, y/n? c-can we talk?" will asks playing around with his watch, a nervous habit he developed recently.

"listen, byers-" max starts, standing up.

"max!" y/n, says standing up also. "it's okay, i got this."

y/n gently pulls on max's arm, sitting her down next to el.

"let's go then." y/n says walking into el's bedroom, and locking the door behind will.

"so, what do you want to talk about?" y/n says sitting on the bed, patting the seat next to her.

will shakes his head.

"i need to stand, it'll help with my nerves." will says, staring nervously at the floor.

"you don't need to be nervous. it's still me." y/n reassures.

"but you always make me nervous." will sighed, knowing that he was going to have to tell her his emotions that he had kept bottled up for years.

"wait, alw-" y/n begins, but will cuts her off with a passionate kiss. they had never kissed like this. ever. the kissed lasted for a least another minute.

"i love you, y/n l/n. so much. you make me nervous in a good way, like when you have a crush and they talk to you for the first time, but also in a bad way. i'm nervous, afraid, even, that you'll find someone better than me, more attractive than me, funnier than me, stronger than me, braver than m-" y/n cut him off with another passionate kiss, seeing that will had tears in his eyes.

"william byers, you listen to me. no one, i repeat, no one, is better than you. you are the most attractive person i have ever seen! i adore your sense of humour, it's adorable. it doesn't matter if you're physically strong, it matters if you're emotionally strong, and byers, you are so strong, and so, so brave, i love you more than anyone or anything. you are my world, william byers, and nothing could ever change that, and for the record, you think you're nervous, i may be the most nervous person ever when it comes to you. just the thought of you sends a wave of butterflies in my stomach, and i love it, so much, just like i love you." by the end of y/n's speech, the two teens were crying happy tears.

will pulled y/n into a hug, sitting on the floor with each other in their arms.

after a few moments of silence, (except for the occasional sniffle and the occasional 'i love you') will decided it was time to speak up.

"so, are we good now?" will asks, his eyes filled with hope.

"is that even a question? of course we are!" y/n says, reluctantly letting will out of her embrace.

"thank god! i felt absolutely lost without you." will sighs in contentment.

"i feel the same." y/n says wrapping her arms around her boyfriend. "i love you so much."

"i love you way, way more."

"that is strongly debatable."