The lady looked down and found Kale’s name before smiling. “Right this way, Mr. West.” She chirped as we followed her through the restaurant.

“What do you mean?” I squeaked.

He grinned at me and the hostess led us into an elevator. “You’ll see.”

She pushed a button and then we were gliding up to another floor. Curiosity and nerves were bouncing around in me like crazy and I was surprised that I didn’t start hyperventilating right there.

When the elevator doors opened, I think I was about to faint. The room was to-die-for gorgeous and private. Most of the room was empty, except for a door that led to the kitchen, a small bar with a bar tender, and then a completely open space with a table in the middle. The table had the same red table cloth as from downstairs, but there were no candles and the origami napkins we dolphins. I love dolphins!

None of this really caught my attention, though. Because the circular wall that covered half of the room was made up of nothing but glass and the railings holding them in place. It was all windows, overlooking all of Hollywood. The city lights were dancing in the night sky, mixing with the heavy summer stars.

“This is… gorgeous.” I breathed.

“I was hoping you’d like it.” Kale said beside me, grabbing my hand and leading me over to the small, two person table where the plates were set out with menus.

“I love it.” I grinned, sitting in the seat across from Kale.

“I was afraid I overdid it.” He admitted.

I giggled and pinched two of my fingers together in front of my face. “Just a little. But in a good way.”

He smiled. “Alright, I’ll take that.”

“So how’d you think of this?” I asked, gesturing towards the nearly empty large room.

“It’s a secret.” He said innocently.

“Secrets don’t make friends.” I teased, picking up the menu. I gasp when I see the prices, how can a steak cost so much?!

“Don’t worry.” Kale chuckled amusedly, obviously noticing my distress. “I’m paying so get whatever you want.”

I gave him a horrified look. “I’ll just have some bread.” I said lightly.

He raised his eyebrows at me. “How about a steak?”

“The cheapest steak is-“

“I don’t care.” He said quickly. “Get whatever you like.”

“But-“

“Or I’ll order one of everything on the menu and we’ll be forced to eat it all.” He said smugly.

I sighed and looked down at the menu, defeated. “Fine, but I’m not happy about it.” I huffed.

He gave me a smile that said that he didn’t believe me, and he shouldn’t have because I was lying. I was honestly flipping over the moon that a guy wouldn’t think twice about spending so much money on me just to have a nice dinner and a night out.

“I would have been fine with a picnic or takeout.” I joked.

“Well, you deserve better than that.” He said in a serious voice.

I blushed and looked down at the menu with a grin on my face that wouldn’t go away.

A guy with a strong French accent came over to our table and by what he was wearing, I could tell that he was a chef. He gave us recommendations and took our orders. After much debate, I chose to go with the cheapest steak on the menu, which still cost more than I’d ever dreamt. Kale gets some lobster thing, which is gross since I can’t even stand the smell of seafood. Yuck.