18.) Hormonal Disasters

“Tell. Me. Every. Single. Detail.” Was the first thing Libby said on the phone. Of course, I’d called her the second I woke up the next morning with a grin on my face that was starting to ache, but I didn’t care.

I took a deep breath before spilling everything about last night to her over the phone. “He took me to this restaurant that had these windows and you could see all of Hollywood and the floor rotated so you could see everything. We ate this really expensive dinner and then we kissed. It was the kiss of all kisses in the hall of fame of kisses. And then he had our personal waiter put on some music and we danced. Like slow danced.  After that, we had dessert. Chocolate cake with chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream. Then, we drove back in the limo and he kissed me goodnight at the front door.” I said quickly. It was all true, but not as detailed as I would have described it if we were in person. After we kissed, Kale had started this slow song and he attempted to dance. I couldn’t help but laugh at his failed attempts so we settled with close-enough by swaying in each other’s arms to the beat.

“Sounds perfect!” She gushed.

“It was. Oh goodness, it was.” I sighed happily. “It feels so weird to say that I’m not single. When I meet somebody, I’m going to be like ‘This is my boyfriend, Kale’ and it will be amazing.”

“You’re so cute.” She cooed. “Have you two… you know, done it?”

“What?!” I shrieked. “No, of course not, Libs. I really like him, but I’ve only known him for a week. Only been… dating for a day.”

“Well, I know but you should do it soon.” She said slowly.

“Why is that?” I asked, confused.

“Hollywood boys.” She said with a chuckle.

“I’ll do it when I’m ready and he will respect that. He’s not just a Hollywood boy.”

“They’re all the same.” She said matter of factly.

“You don’t even know him.” I snapped, getting a bit irritated at Libby for judging Kale just because of where he’s from.

“I know.” She said. “But, I’m just saying. Don’t get mad.”

“Well I’m going to get mad if you assume bad things about the guy that I really, really like.” I huffed.

“I just want you to be careful.” She defended.

I rolled my eyes. “Right, I have to go.” I mumbled.

“Holly.” She whined on the other end. “Don’t be like this.”

“I’m hanging up. I’m in a really good mood and, frankly, I don’t want to look at the bad side of things right now.” I told her. “Talk to you later.” And with that, I hung up and completely ignored the mini fight I just had with my best friend. Today, I was happy.

I showered before going downstairs and got dressed in a pair of plain blue shorts and a Tweedy Bird tank top. I checked myself in the mirror multiple times before trotting down the stairs with a grin glued onto my face. And for the first time in a while, the smile actually reached my eyes.

When I got downstairs, Jackson was in the kitchen. I opened my mouth to wish him a good morning, but closed it quickly when I saw that he was on the phone.

“That sounds good… Oh, well my little sister just got into town, I’m sure she’d love to go… Okay, perfect. See you tomorrow night, then… bye.” He ended the call and put his phone back in his pocket before smiling up at me. “Morning.”

“What was that about?” I asked curiously, flipping through the cupboards for something to eat and finally landing on a ripe banana.

“We are going to a premier tomorrow night.” He said with a smile.