~+=Chapter Twenty Six=+~

When the Doctor and Martha came back to the TARDIS. I pulled the Doctor aside.

        "You and I both know that the Face of Boe did not mean us and Martha. You thought the exact same thing I did."

        "It cannot be him! It can't be!" He reasoned.

        "Well, if very well could be. And I think that he's a lot closer then we think. I just wanted to say goodbye."

       "What do you mean, goodbye?"

        "Doctor, if The Master truly is back, I'm the only one he'll listen to. But not If your with me. So, take Martha traveling, take her to the real New York! Just, keep her away from Modern day earth. Ok?"

        "No, Katherine. This is a horrible idea. He could hurt you-"

        "Doctor. Please. I can take care of myself." he nodded, and we walked over to the Console and flew back to earth. I packed up some clothes.

        "Katherine, are you leaving?" Martha asked.

        "Yeah, I have some things I have to do. Be sure to look after him." She smiled and nodded. I hugged her and kissed the Doctor on the cheek before leaving the TARDIS.

~+=Three Days Later=+~

               I sighed. I had been here for three days, and had found nothing on the Master. Maybe he did just mean we had each other. I mean, he did say he'd tell us when we were reunited. I rolled my eyes as another Harold Saxton commercial came on. I turned off the TV. Martha had texted me and told me that I could stay at her place. I walked into the Kitchen and made a cup of tea. When I came back in, The TARDIS, The Doctor, and Martha all stood there. The answering machine beeped.

        "Martha, it's me. Pick it up, will you! Fine pretend your out. I just called to say that your sister's on TV. The News of all things." She turned the TV on. Tish stood next to an elderly man.

        "The Details remain top secret. But I can tell you that tonight I will demonstrate a device..."

        "She's got a new job, she's the P.R. of some research lab."

        "With the push, of a button, I will change what it means to be human."

        "Well, that sounds promising." I said. It was only then that they noticed I was there.

        "Katherine!" The Doctor said, hugging me.

        "Calm down, Doctor. I haven't been gone for that long."

        "You might as well've been. He was miserable." Martha teased.

        "But, as I was saying, we have to go and check this out."

        "I agree." THe Doctor said.

        "It's black tie." I told him. He sighed, but nodded.

~~~

        I walked into the dressing room of the TARDIS, and picked out a strapless, light pink, flowing dress. It was floor length. I put it on, as well as a diamond necklace I got from Queen Mastdonada, the ruler of Jexulanclorias, a planet I went to, alone, quite some time ago. I put that on and curled my hair, pinning some back out of my face. I stepped out of the TARDIS and into Martha's living room. The Doctor looked at me and smiled.

        "You look beautiful." He said.

        So does Martha! I thought.

        "You both do." He said.

~~~

        "Black tie. Whenever I wear this, something bad happens." I walked backwards, fixing his cuff links for him.

        "But you look charming." I said, kissing his cheek. We walked in and a waiter passed us. The Doctor grabbed something off of the tray.

        "Oh, look, they've got nibbles! I love nibbles."

        "Your such a dork." I told him, laughing.

        "Oi! I am not!"  Martha and Tish happily greeted each other.

        "Katherine, you look great too!" Tish added.        

        "You two have met?" Martha asked.

        "Yeah. She came by and found me at your flat." 

        "Well, anyway, this is the Doctor."

        "Hello." He said, shaking her hand.

        "Is he here with you?"

        "Actually he's here with her." Martha corrected.

        "But he's not on the guest list, how did he get in."

        "He's my plus one." I explained.

        "How did you get on the guest list?" He thought.

        "I've been here for three days. I heard about this weeks ago, of course I called and got myself invited. I didn't expect to see you, or else I would have gotten you on too."

       I smiled as Martha hugged her mom and Leo. 

        "This is a friend of mine, the Doctor, and you probably already know his girlfriend, Katherine, don't you."

        'Yes, we've been acquainted. Hello Katherine."

        "Hello, Mrs. Jones."

        "Lovely to meet you Mrs. Jones. I've heard a lot about you." He said, shaking her and Leo's hands.

        "Have you? What have you heard then?"

        "Oh, that your Matha's mother."

        "That your smart, caring, and how much she appreciates everything you've done for her."

        "That your smart, caring, and how much she appreciates everything you've done. Even if she doesn't always show it. I promise you, Mrs. Jones, she loves you very much." She smiled.

        "She said all that?" I smiled at Martha.

        "Of course I did, mum."

        "Ladies and Gentlemen. I am Professor Richard Lazarus, and tonight, I am going to perform a miracle. It is, I believe, the most important advance since Rutherford split the atom, the biggest leap, since Armstrong stood on the moon. Tonight, you will watch and wonder. Tomorrow, you will wake to a world which will be changed forever." He turned and stepped into the chamber behind him. I grabbed the Doctor's hand, not sure of what would happen. He squeezed it, and I squeezed it back. I turned my face into his shoulder, to shield my eyes from the bright light emanating from the machine. That's when the machine started overloading. The Doctor ran over to the controls, trying to turn it off. The machine slowly stopped and I jerked the door open. A new man stepped out of the machine.

        He was young Professor Lazarus. His wrinkles were gone. His grey hair replaced with blonde.

        "Ladies and Gentleman, I am Richard Lazarus. I am seventy six years old, and I am reborn!" I didn't clap along with the crowd. Something isn't right about this.

At all.

~~~

       One Thousand reads!!!! Whoa! You guys. that's amazing! I want to thank you all for all your votes, comments, and just for reading the book. So, considering that I am so greatful to you guys, here's what I will do. I want you to comment something you want to happen, and I will create a bonus chapter with as much of your comments as I can. But, it has to be appropriate! Thanks guys!

~Purplereadingwriter8