Chapter 1: Fangs

Another chapter! Read and comment please!

Chapter 1: Fangs

A knot started to form in my stomach and I knew right in my gut I should turn and leave immediately.

But instead I continued walking up the stairs...

The butler led me through the front door and down the hallway. The long hallway was carpeted with printed patterns of faded grandeur, leaving a border to show off polished floorboards. The walls are painted in a shade of deep red so similar to the color of blood.

Ancient looking portraits hung from the walls. Each and every one of them looked so young and beautiful. I must have walked past at least a dozen of those portraits before crashing into something hard. I could feel myself falling backwards but was surprised when my body did not come in contact with the ground.

I could feel someone's arm around my back and when I looked up; I felt my jaw dropped open.

Standing in front of me was an angel...

Who had an annoying smirk on his handsome face.

The guy looked somewhat around my age and was really drop-dead gorgeous. He is tall, blond, with sapphire blue eyes. Everything he had on was either in black or blood red, and he yet still looked so hot. Trust me, he really is attractive.

Except for that smirk he had on.

"I believe you owe me an apology," The blond dude said, smirking down at me. His voice felt like silk against my skin. I didn't like the idea of him looking down at me that way so I pushed him away but he didn't move much. Why on earth do I have to be this short?

"I do not owe you anything, mister." I glared up at him, I never like losing and I am certainly not going to lose to him. Blame my ego. Amusement flashed across his eyes and he chuckled.

"My, won't this be interesting now that you're here." Leaning down closer to my face he gave me a smile that nearly made my heart fall out of my ribcage. He gave a low chuckle and I could feel his surprisingly cold breath against my skin. I shivered not because of fear but of the cold.

Why is his breath this cold? It's practically 35°C outside!

"Sir Edwin, master is waiting for you."

The butler finally appeared and addressed the guy in front of me as Edwin. Hmm, so he is called Edwin. Well, that is not such a bad name. I kind of like the name Edwin; it sounded like someone who is nice but has a naughty devilish part to them that you'll find sexy and--What the hell am I thinking? He is a freaking jerk!

"Ah, yes. Walter, just bring Adele to meet my father first." Edwin told Walter the butler and gave me the same annoying smirk. "You will enjoy it here."

Somehow the way he said it makes the hairs on my back stand.

How did he know my name? Oh yeah, of course he'd know my name. I'm going to bloody live with him from today onwards! Wait, live together? Somehow this thought send butterflies in my stomach.

Walter bowed a little towards Edwin and gestured for me to follow him. After passing a few more disturbingly beautiful portraits, Walter pushed open a large double oak door with evil looking serpents as doorknobs and a pair of china porcelain dogs at both sides of the entrance.

I could feel a chilly blast of wind greeted me right in the face when the double oak doors opened up, invite me into my new life.

Then that same old feeling of a knot forming in my stomach resurfaced.

Something tells me that I am going to get more than what I bargained for.

-

As soon as the double oak door swings open, I was greeted by the mesmerizing inside view of the humongous room.

The room is mostly carpeted in a shade of ruby red and the walls are painted in dark purple. The room is also well furnished with furniture such as armchairs with button backs and stained dark oak cabinets. The color of the curtains is so dark that I could not identify its real color. There is even a fireplace, with a white silk fabric draped rather dangerously from the mantelshelf. The only light in the room is emitting from the fireplace and a little lamp on a study table.

My mouth hanged open as the view of seven deathly pale yet unbelievably gorgeous man dawned on me. The man sitting behind the black desk with claw feet however, looked older compared to the other six guys who are starting to burn a hole in my head with the way they are staring at me.

All of the guys are impossibly good looking; with identical trademark pale marble white skin, blue eyes and blond hair.

Hell, I could just die looking at them.

The older looking male--probably in his mid-forties--behind the desk was the only one dressed in a black suit with a red bow (what is with their liking of the color black and red?) while the rest was in outfits that are black from top to bottom. One of the male eye candies who had this emo look going on with him, had on his neck a black choker with a diamond encrusted cross in the middle.

It is as if I had entered a harem of boys.

Although they are sizzling hot, the color black is really starting to get on my nerves.

"Welcome to my humble abode, Adele." The older man finally spoke and his voice sounded surprisingly sexy. Standing up and giving a small bow like a real gentleman would, he continued, "My name is Horatio Donahue and I am the one that had called for you."

I nodded, almost enchanted by the way Horatio was smiling at me and then I snapped back into my senses. Wait a second! Horatio Donahue?

"Wait, weren't you supposed to be like in your mid-seventies or something and dying?" Fear grasps at me harder than I imagined and instantly right in my gut I knew something was wrong. The man who called me was a seventy year old dying old man! Well, at least he was supposed to be.

Without thinking anymore I quickly make a dash for the double doors that are just behind me and I pulled at them. But the double doors will not open up. I cussed and pulled harder at the doors.

When the door failed to open up, I kicked at the oak door and felt my toes throb in pain. Of course they had locked it up!

Stupid Walter the butler!

Stupid me!

There was a soft chuckle just beside my ear and I quickly turned around. Standing a little too close for comfort was one of those guys that I was trying to run away from.

He gave me a sly smile and I froze with horror, feeling the blood drained from my face.

Staring up at him, a pair of fangs glittered in the firelight, welcoming me into my new life.

***

Read and tell me what you think! Feel free to throw me rocks or fire!Thanks!