𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹

ᏚᏌᎷᎷᎪᎡY you and Michael are best friends but he soon realizes he wants more than that. There's only one problem: you already have a boyfriend.
🅦🅐🅡🅝🅘🅝🅖🅢 : just the tiniest mention of smut lol

It was a typical tuesday night, you and Michael were sprawled out on the bed of his room doing a horror movies marathon. You were the one who suggested to watch all of your favorite ones and he agreed, but Michael seemed rather unimpressed as soon as the second film started. He looked a bit off, and has been for a couple of days, you noticed. Whenever you tried to talk him out, he would just shrug and add that nothing was bothering him...but you could see right through him and you knew he was lying.
Michael was staring at the tv in front of you both with an unreadable expression, a lazy arm wrapped around your shoulder.
"You know, we can just change movie if you don't like this one. Or do something else."
You spoke, moving your head to the side so you could have a better look of him. Your hand on his chest moved up to his face, your index finger gently tracing the moles on his cheek to try and get his attention.
He leaned a bit in your hand, shyly smiling and closing his eyes just for a second.
"No, the movie's ok."
He answered, still not looking at you.
You were about to reply, wanting to tell him how he didn't sound really convincing, when your phone started ringing. Reluctantly, you got off Michael to reach it on the bedside table next to your side. It was then that your blue-eyed best friend decided to look at you, hoping with everything in his body that whoever was calling you wasn't the one who he thought it was.
"It's Alex."
You said, as if you knew that Michael wanted to know it.
Michael's stare switched from your back to the TV again, biting on his bottom lip so he could keep the frustrated sigh that was desperately trying to come out of his mouth.
"This will only take me a few minutes."
You said, turning to face him. You then stood up and walked out of his room to talk on the phone with your boyfriend.
Michael only nodded, his attention still on the movie. Or at least, he wanted you to believe so. Hell, he couldn't even recall the title of the film playing, his mind now blurred with anger.
When you told him you had a boyfriend, Michael had a lot to take in. He had to face these feelings of jealousy on his own and was confused by them as well. He soon realized that your friendship wasn't enough for him: he wanted you. He needed you all for himself and couldn't stand the thought of you being with someone who's not him.
He even happened to meet Alex, your boyfriend. Let's just say that ever since that day you dropped every idea of you hanging out with the both of them, the two boys not being able to keep the cold glares and shady comments to themselves. Michael found himself thinking about killing your partner way too many times; after all, he was the antichrist and could literally end him with a flick of his wrist, but he didn't need an instruction manual to know that if he murdered Alex you would probably not talk to him anymore, and he couldn't risk such a thing.
On the other hand, Michael also couldn't deny the burning feeling of wanting to snap his neck everytime you'd come over and see your beautiful face stained with tears that Alex caused. The blond knew that your relationship wasn't easy, you told him about how you often got the feeling that after months of dating your boyfriend probably grew tired of you but wouldn't have the guts to break up. The situation became more difficult to handle ever since Michael came into your life, your lover being so damn fucking jealous of him. Michael clearly remembers that time you confessed him how Alex often complains about how much time you spent with him, how your boyfriend doesn't like one bit the fact that if Michael called, you would drop everything to go to him instead.
When Michael heard those stories from you, he supressed a satisfied smirk that was badly trying to come out on his face. He sometimes would think that if even your boyfriend could notice how close you two were, making him suspicious about your friendship, maybe...just maybe...you could feel something for him. Something that goes beyond friendly affection. But these thoughts die as soon as he realizes that those are just his crazy fantasies, and at the end of the day, you are still dating that douchebag and he's still only your best friend.
His racing thoughts are interrupted as you entered the room back again, a frustrated expression on your face.
"Are you okay?" Michael asked concerned, sitting up and officially abandoning every intention to see that movie.
"Yeah." You said, your hand pushing your hair back as you went to sit on Michael's bed again.
"Are you, really?" He continued, not convinced with your answers.
Your face softened as soon as you met Michael's gaze and then proceeded to snuggle up against him, just like you did minutes before, hugging him tighter than you ever did. Michael was happily surprised by the gesture and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you even closer; your face now pressed down on the inside of his neck.
You didn't answer, too busy drawing random lines with your soft fingers on Michael's covered chest to do anything else.
"You know, you can talk to me about anything." Michael tried again, his thumb now caressing your arm.
"I know. And you can talk to me about anything, too."
You finally spoke, now looking up at him. He knew what you were talking about; he knew you knew that something has been bothering him for the past couple of weeks but wouldn't make the effort of talking it out to you. But how could he? He couldn't say:"Hey, I have a big ass crush on you and I can't stand seeing you with that asshole of your boyfriend, why don't you just break up with him and be with me instead?" He just couldn't.
When Michael didn't reply, you stopped playing with your fingers and wrapped an arm around his waist, completely pressing him against yourseld; the action, again, seemed to surprise Michael but didn't complain one bit. He felt his cheeks blushing, loving this new-found proximity as he basked in your flower scent.
"I broke up with Alex. Like, a few minutes ago. On the phone."
You explained between pauses, making him finally look at you. Michael had his brows furrowed, trying to comprehend what you had just said.
"Oh." He commented, biting his lip.
He knew he had to say something, anything, but now he wanted nothing more than to crash his lips against yours.
"Why?" He tried again. He meant oh so many things with that question. Why did you break up with him? Why don't you seem sad about it? Why did you take so long?
You sighed, your breath crashing against Michael's neck, making him slightly shiver.
"It became too overwhelming for me. He's always so opressive and...he gets so angry whenever he knows I'm with you. I felt like I was trapped in a cage or something. I don't want to do this anymore."
Michael couldn't help but smirk a little knowing that he partly caused this.
"I'm sorry."
He commented. He wasn't sorry about the breakup, he was sorry for how Alex made you feel. His precious Y/N deserved better than someone like him and he has been trying so hard to let you understand that.
"It's okay. I'm okay."
You answered, squeezing his side a little.
You both stayed silent for a few minutes,enjoying each other's presence while the movie was still playing in the background. It was after a while that Michael decided to speak again, building up enough courage to actually do so.
"Y/N, why does it seem like you just had to make a choice between him and me and you chose me instead of your boyfriend?"
He questioned, his heart racing. He needed to know if that meant something.
"Ex boyfriend." You corrected, chuckling.
Michael rolled his eyes, not content with the lack of explanation.
"Y/N..."
"You are right." You said, stopping his sentence.
"I...I had to make a choice, kind of. He just told me it's me or him."
"And you chose me." Michael pointed out, completely amazed at your confession.
"Always." You softly said, and Michael could feel your smile against his skin.
"But why?" Michael asked again, taking your chin in his fingers to make you look at him.
You opened your mouth then closed it right after, not exactly knowing what to say.
"Because...you're my best friend."
You answered, making Michael silently sigh at that answer.
He dropped his fingers, now looking in front of him.
"What if I..."
He started, but stopped right after. He didn't know how to get those words out of his chest.
"What if you...?" You repeated impatiently.
"Nothing. Just let it go." Michael said, embarrassment evident on his face.
"Michael."
You spoke calmly, now it was your turn to take his chin and make him look at you.
"Why don't you just talk to me?"
You continued, caressing his cheek.
Michael's stare dropped from your eyes to your lips. You noticed it, of course; your face now inching closer to his own.
Michael's eyes drifted back up and you found yourself lost in his ocean blue eyes.
"I don't want you like a best friend."
He lowly admitted, brushing his nose against yours.
You licked your lips, Michael almost groaning at the sight.
"What if I felt the same for you?"
You said, brushing your lips against his ear.
This time, he didn't hold back his groan and took your face in his hands.
"I'd say you're the fucking cruelest for making me wait so long." He said, both of your mouths now being so close.
One of his hands left the side of your face only to be placed around your back, encouraging you to straddle his waist, which you happily did.
You smugly smiled at his words, then leaned again, brushing your lips against his own.
"Let me make it up to you."