Prologue - 'Gabriella'

Start from the beginning

"But Grandmother!  What big ears you have," said Little Red Riding Hood as she edged closer to the bed.

"The better to hear you with, my dear," replied the wolf.

"But Grandmother!  What big eyes you have," said Little Red Riding Hood.

"The better to see you with, my dear," replied the wolf.

"But Grandmother!  What big teeth you have," said Little Red Riding Hood her voice quivering slightly.

"The better to eat you with, my dear," roared the wolf and he leaped out of the bed and began to chase the little girl.

Almost too late, Little Red Riding Hood realized that the person in the bed was not her Grandmother, but a hungry wolf.

She ran across the room and through the door, shouting, "Help!  Wolf!" as loudly as she could.

A woodsman who was chopping logs nearby heard her cry and ran towards the cottage as fast as he could.

He grabbed the wolf and made him spit out the poor Grandmother who was a bit frazzled by the whole experience, but still in one piece."Oh, Grandma, I was so scared!"  sobbed Little Red Riding Hood, "I'll never speak to strangers or dawdle in the forest again."

"There, there, child.  You've learned an important lesson.  Thank goodness you shouted loud enough for this kind of woodsman to hear from you!"

The woodsman knocked out the wolf and carried him deep into the forest where he wouldn't bother people any longer.
Little Red Riding Hood and her Grandmother had a nice lunch and a long chat.

A story that was told to me pup in human school expect in our real story; the Wolf never ate the grandma. No, He walked be side Red keeping her safe, for she was his mate and instantly fell in love. He knew no matter what he was going to remain a beast.
Unexplainable pull came instantly to Red as she warmed up to the beastly dog.
And at times she  would make excuses to visit the grandma just to see the wolf.  
As time passed, she fell in love with a sinful man only to have taken her own life.
That was the story my mother told me as a child. 
That's how we were born, a curse to have fall in love with the wrong one.   A child was not wilily conceived under the full moon light, when the child was born people from her village  and her own husband abandon her to woods, where she took her own life.
Legend says you can hear a wolf weeping howl every full moon desperately looking for his beloved mate.
  That's how we came to be, we are the bastards born out of a villainous attack and out of an adultery sin. 

Here I am running another mile thinking of my mother and the story.
There was no happy ending, not even a sparkle in her eye when she told the story, it was far more sadder than Human version. 
My mother always seem to have the sadness tales to tell and as far as I can remember which I couldn't remember much since my father seemed to be one who did most of the raising.
But Im consumed by the sadness in her eyes as she told her tales.
My father who warmth I once seek for comfort sent me away to academy for female wolves.
More like a tortuous camp for unfit wolves who didn't fit in the normalcy of their pack.
But who can blame him, my mother passed away when I was young and he stated he had no choice.
A human father couldn't possibly teach his daughter to become a wolf.
But
We both knew when he became withdrawn, beginning day drinking, she was to blame. But I took her sins as my own.
I lost my mother to death while I losing my father to grief and drunkenness.

An academy that taught Lunas how to be proper, polite, modest and the worse part to be obedient. I, do not have one obedient bone in my body. Which caused a lot of trouble.

No one knew exactly what I was going to be since I didn't belong to a pack and my father is a human.  A famous Ceo to an prestigious airline company in America.
And I was placed in mediocre classes and I yearned to be free.

I placed my hands against my hips taking a breath I had seemed to hold in, '24 miles' read on my watch as sweat drenched Down my head. Wolfs don't sweat humans do.

"Mutt!"
Was yelled from across this lousy school cafeteria as I returned.
Yup, there they were.  The group of bitches who just couldn't seem to leave me alone.   Mutt- was nickname I got since moment I was walked in, and even after four years it didn't change. After a while the word cause no emotion stress it was just annoying.
No creativity
I mean what can I say, they couldn't even expanded their vocabulary skills to say something more creative.
But I kept my thoughts to myself like the way I always have.  And I kept myself busy with training at the gym and the library seemed to be my own safe haven the past four years.
Im alone in this hideous journey.
But My wolf was only one I have and she
usually pretty cheerful with the physical training.
And as soon as I turn sixteen I will be out of this wolf hell and be with humans.
Guess what ?
Today is the day.
My nostrils instantly flared up inhaling the heavily scent of sandalwood and after shave.   My feet did the only thing it was trained to do.
Run.
They took off impacting grass then asphalt as the sound of rocks flickered off my shoes following the scent of escape.
Right now I looked exactly what you image a happy pup running towards her master would look as.
I couldn't help it my wolf and I were done of this place. We were okay leaving the small box of very few belongings behind.
'Father parked.'
Akela my wolf jumped at the idea of going home.  She was a bit of rebellious wolf but she was mine.  Small sentences here or there was all that she ever said.  She wasn't much a talker but She fit my personality just as well.

"Father!"

"Gabriella"

I ran to my father jumping into his arms, "Are we finally leaving?"

With that was the warmest smile I didn't know was the last one I ever see.

Revises march 2023