Game

Chapter 2: Game
I opened my eyes to find myself back behind the curtains except I'm all tied up and there also seems to be some company.. "Finally! Your awake, I was just about to change my mind!" A voice said, I turned my head to see that phantom thief sitting with his legs around my waist. "W-What the?! What are you talking about and get off me!" I screeched. Just then, I felt electricity electrocute me. "AH!" I screamed, "You shouldn't have done that.." The smaller male had said with a blank face while holding up a taser. He was still wearing that mask, I would attempt to grab it but my hands were tied and there doesn't seem to be police around so he could easily catch me as I'm running. "...Shuichi, right?" He asked tilting his head, "H-How did you know?!" He held up my ID card he found in my pocket, "Nishishi~ I can see the fear in your eyes!" He giggled before hugging me tightly while nuzzling into my neck. Why was he doing this? Why is he hugging me?! My face felt hot, "W-Why are you-"

"I want to play a game with you, Detective.. And there's no way you'll be able to say no." He whispered in my ear before he licked my ear lobe, "A-Ah!" I gasped. He looked back at me again, "Let's play a game of cat and mouse.. Once I catch you, your mine. But if you catch me, your still mine..! I don't think you understand that I'd give up on you.."

"Once this game ends, I'll keep you all to myself. You see, it's a win win for me as it's a loose loose for you~" The thief spoke.

"B-But..! No- there's no way your keeping me or whatever! I'm not playing your game-" He grabbed my head and banged it behind me onto a stone wall.

"You shouldn't have said that, you are playing my game. Even if you did manage to get me caught I'll still come back! No matter what..." He taunted me.

I didn't respond, I was in too much pain and I was in fear.

"Awe~ don't tell me your scared-"

"Fuck you." I spat at him, "You will someday." I froze, "...Pardon?" I then heard some sirens finally coming, "Time to start our game, my game! Well then, I'll see you soon my beloved!" He quickly kissed me on the cheek before escaping.

I'm still tied up..

"Over here!" I hear a male voice shout out, the curtains opened as a cop immediately ran up to me while untying my hands. "What happened to you?" He asked while helping me get up, I stayed silent.

I didn't want to tell them, but should I..?

"...I..

I don't know.."

After everyone had been taken to the hospital due to some overdoses of the gas, I was sent to my uncles office. "Are you sure you don't remember?" He asked impatiently. I nodded my head with a blank face, I felt defeated. I can't even tell my uncle what happened, the game, what that thief did to me and those overdoses.. I heard my uncle sigh while holding the bridge of his nose. "Shuichi.. The play happened around 2 hours ago, it's already 9pm. You've been out for too long, I hope you know that. And as for everyone else, they're still knocked out from that gas. Your quite lucky, Saihara." 

"W-What?! 2 hours? And everyone is still out?!!"

That could've killed them.. Especially me- "It shows here that after the gas was released, there was another gas afterwards that was let go so it was pretty obvious that the phantom thief had tried to murder them." He explained, I froze in fear once again.

The fear he had put me in before.

"you are playing my game."

No I'm not.. I won't play your fucking game.

"Also, did you manage to unmask the thief?"

"..No." I said simply, "Sorry, he escaped." I apologised. "It's fine, he's a difficult one. Even Kirigiri quit her job because of this." He uttered, "Wait, she did?!" I felt astonished. "Yeah, so you don't have to worry. I understand this is a hard case and seeing how much this stressed her out too shows how much of a hard case this truly is." He spoke. I didn't respond, I just stared at him blankly before leaving the office without a word. "Shuichi?" He asked wondering why I left all of a sudden but didn't run after me. I started walking feeling hopeless, no one was around right now and it was dark. I called for a taxi. I came into the taxi before being recognised by the driver, "Shuichi Saihara, that detective right?" He asked while driving as I stared at the window. "Yeah, it's me." "Oh okay, I never thought I'd meet someone as famous like you in my life!" He spoke complementing me, "Oh trust me, I'm not that famous.." I awkwardly laughed. "Really? Your a detective and your quite smart for your age, your only 20." He responded. "Hehe.. Thanks." I smiled softly at him. I then began to notice the stars starting to shine in the night sky, it sure does look beautiful.. It felt slightly cold seeing as I did live in London so I stuffed my hands into my pockets until I felt a letter. "Hmm..?" I wondered as I pulled it out, my face went from calm to terrified once I read it and realised who it was from.

Hello there my detective! I have a little surprise for you, meet me back where they show all the special rooms coated in red and where those grand doors greet you once you open them including a fine young man! 

If I don't see you there or you don't figure out where I am, then I'll get you myself... And you know what that means? It's a LOSE for you and I'll win this game.

He really was serious about that 'game'...