KIM - Turning tables

Start from the beginning

"I've noticed the way you look at Federico," at the mention of his name, his head perks up. I need her to sleep with Federico, so that Francis would find out about it and she'd become uninteresting and boring to the both of them. Bingo. "Do you like him? Do you...want, him?"

I feel Francis tense beside me, and I can't help the churn in my stomach.

"Well.... Rico is quite attractive, I wouldn't even mind." Sonia shrugs, "He appeases to my eyes a great deal."

"Well guess what? Federico finds you attractive too. You both are perfect for each other. Right, Francis?" Francis looks at me and just smiles forcibly, but he doesn't utter a word.

Almost everyone is looking at me with awkward facial expressions, making the air a little too stale for my liking.

But all in good time, Sonia would be deleted from the options and I would be the only one.

☆⑅●●⑅

Soon after dinner, my parents retire to their beds whilst we young folks stay behind with a bottle of beer in our hands.

Except for Sonia, who is way too 'sophisticated' for simple ol' beer.

I'm still seated close to Francis, and so far he haven't complained. Why would he? Everyone knows it's always been me he truly likes.

"How about we play spin the bottle?" The annoying friend of Sonia suggests. I roll my eyes at her perkiness.

Federico raises his brown glass, "I'm in."

"Sure, let's." Francis says beside me, the vibration of his deep voice causing some serious butterflies to patter in my belly.

"Perfect," Muneera chirps, unleashing the widest grin on planet Earth like a child. "Three against two, and we have a winner. No kissing dares for me though, I got a man."

Apparently, only Federico seems genuinely interested in playing the silly game, asides Muneera. Sonia's busy with toying with the ends of her hair, and Francis haven't shown any signs of enthusiasm or eagerness so far.

I still remember the last time we played this game, it was eight years ago and my turn to spin the bottle. It pointed at Francis and I was dared to kiss him for three seconds.

Best three seconds of my life, if I must say. Sonia was pretty much devastated, she left the game crying like the weakling she is.

"Sonia you go first," Muneera passes Sonia her already empty bottle of beer.

Sonia rolls her eyes, and exhales a little too deeply. Seeming exhausted. "I'm not interested in this ludicrous game for children. You lot carry on without me."

I scoff, finding it funny that I know the real reason for her resistance. But it looks like I was a little too loud, because I caught their attention.

"Is there something you want to say, Kimmy?" Sonia peers at me. This Sonia has utter confidence oozing from her aura, that I begin to wonder if she's not just some clone.

My grip on the poor green bottle tightens. I seriously hate nicknames, especially when one tries to shorten my name. And Sonia knows this, obviously trying to tick me off while looking severely calm about it.

Anyway, I take advantage of this question to repay the favour.

"I know the real reason you don't want to play this 'ludicrous' game is because I had to kiss Francis the last time we played it." I take a swig from my bottle.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself. I've simply just outgrown this show of immaturity."

"Aww," I pout. "Denial. Cute."

I earn the vicious stare of her squinted eyes, deeming me right in my claims. Awesome.

"Fine," she says whilst still throwing me a look of challenge. "I'll play." She snatches the bottle from the hand of her annoying friend, and spins it.

"You get to kiss whomever it stops at for ten seconds." Muneera grins. Looking more excited than the rest of us.

I switch my focus on the spinning bottle while holding my breath. Suddenly, I'm regretting my words to her earlier.

It gets worse when the bottle finally stops. Confirming my worst fear. Francis shifts by my side, as his eyes discover that the bottle is pointing at him.

First she turned up after I did, then Francis hugged her for more than two seconds, then she becomes the centre of attention, now this.

I feel an intense throbbing inside my head, and my grip on the bottle is becoming harsher and tighter.

The tables are about to turn on me. My worst enemy is about to kiss the love of my life.

◌⑅⃝●♡●⑅◌

School's been holding me back lately, that's why I haven't had the time and energy to write anything. But here's an update, yay!

Who else is excited over the next update?

ME TOO, PEOPLE. ME TOO.

Please vote and comment. Until the next time!