The marathon began from one dress to another, with Alex rejecting every single one harshly.

Come on! Doesn't he know changing dress is hard? Some of them are tight and I've to struggle to pull them off.

Thelma bit her lips in frustration. She struggled to pull a tight yellow gown off her curvy hip. Alex had rejected that dress and it was stuck at her hip.

"Once again! He rejected a beautiful dress. Okay! Twenty-six more to go!" Tina announced.

"Twenty-six? How many dress did you bring?" Thelma exclaimed, her weary eyes swept through the heap of clothes.

"The best of the best! Like 100 plus"

"I can't go on with this" Thelma yelled, an exhausted sigh left her lips.

"Is it our fault your boyfriend is so demanding?" Tina hissed.

"Boyfriend? He is my boss" Thelma corrected and cocked a brow.

"Oops! I didn't see that coming. Please don't tell him I said so" Tina clasped Thelma's hand between hers.

"Of course I won't! You will lose your job permanently if he should find out" Thelma said and gave an assuring smile.

Tina picked a dress and passed it to Thelma.

"He will love this one!" Sara said as she eyeballed the dangling dress Tina held.

It was a wine colored gown, long and fitted. Everyone were beginning to feel that it was the perfect dress. They presented it to Alex.

"Hate it!" Alex blustered.

"Okay! That's enough! My body is all sore because of this stupid... I don't! Just.... Why... Why can't I just wear a simple gown?" Thelma sputtered. She balled her fist and grimaced.

"I'm paying for it. I want the best!" Alex shrugged with an impassive look.

"But we are late for the so-called party! What's the use?"

"It's nice to hear this from you, Miss punctual. Since when did you care about being early?" he smirked.

"But they said 7:00pm"

"Yeah, they did. So?"

"Let's just go!"

"I thought women love being fashionably late?"

"Not me!"

"I know! That's why I am trying to prevent you from disgracing me," he concluded. Thelma's mouth dropped and a baffled look settled on her face.  "Get a better dress!" he ordered and waved in dismissal.

At last they settled on a royal blue gown which Alex liked. It was beautiful, fitted and stylish. He selected a perfect shoe for it. Thelma was quite uncomfortable. The gown was a little bit short. It was extremely fitted at the top but at the bottom it had a pleat design.

"I really don't know what he likes about this dress. It is really uncomfortable!" Thelma mumbled under her breathe. She sat at the front of a dresser. They did the necessary makeup and they left the mall. It was hard for Thelma to believe that Alex paid for all the customers that he had chased.

Gosh! He has a lot of money!

***************************

Theresa got out of the car and followed Kelvin. They stopped at the entrance of the club.

"Kelvin! Kelvin! Kelvin! This is your time to shine. Entering a club with a hot lady like me? You definitely should be smiling. Make our relationship seem real" Theresa teased and nudged him at his belly.

Kelvin rolled his eyes. "I really admire your acting skill," he scoffed.

"Thanks! But seriously! You need to smile. That frown on your face is disgusting"

He forced a fake smile.

"Much better!" she nodded and they entered the club. Seeing the wild atmosphere, Theresa slipped her arms into Kelvin's and they moved among the sweaty swirling bodies.

"Kelvin, my man! What a hottie you've got!" a random guy greeted Kelvin with a handshake.

"What's up?" Kelvin shoved him a little as his mood lit up. 

"Nothing much! I'm kind of single," the guy shrugged.

"Whoa! Why? No fish to catch?" Kelvin jested.

"Nah! I'm tired of the fishes! I'm looking for whales" the guy replied and winked at Theresa.

Fool!

"The big ones, right? Cool! Cool!" Kelvin nodded.

"Yeah, bro!"

Okay! Let me get this straight. Is it women they are referring to as fishes? Today is your lucky day. Kelvin! For your sake, I just spared that fool.

That's how the night continued. People praising Kelvin for having the hottest and prettiest woman in the club while Theresa was smothered by their lusty gawping.

"I told you I was Miss Perfect," Theresa whispered into Kelvin's ear and placed her hands on the bar counter.

"Well, it's just..."

Theresa interrupted, "Admit it! Say Theresa is Miss Perfect and an awesome woman!"

He smiled and his white teeth gleamed.

"Now that's a sincere smile. You don't need to reply. Your smile has said it all," she teased and bumped her shoulder into his.

"Okay! I need to go somewhere quick" Kelvin said and glanced at a door at a the corner of club.

"You must be joking! You can't leave me alone here," she looked around and sighted drunk men and womem limply dancing to the hiphop song. Some were like wild animals as they threw their body about. The disco light made it hard to see each individual's face and at different angle in the club she could see women pinned to the wall by guys smashing their lips on theirs.

Disgusting! I don't like this place!

"Kelvin! Let me go with you!"

"Nope! I thought you were an action lady? What's the matter?"

"Kelvin! Don't mess with me!" she sneered and pursed her lip.

"I will be back soon. I promise" with those words said, he took his leave.

You must be kidding me! Since when did men started keeping their promises? Now, I have to be strong and ready. I am alone here.

Through a steel tray on the table, Theresa saw the reflection of three men heading her way. She gripped her bag tight and was ready to use it to slam any person's face. She was so ready.

  ~~~Author's Note~~~
What is going to happen? Is Theresa safe?

I hope enjoyed it. Don't hesitate to vote and comment.  Don't lose hope on my story. Thanks a lot 😁😀😊😍😍💋😄😂😅💖☺