𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. not right

𝘕𝘖𝘛 𝘙𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛.

"Two twenty five is your total today

"Two twenty five is your total today."

"Keep the change," Sam said handing the young man three dollars that morning. Rowan nodded his head, taking the money from the man that stood on the other side of the counter before putting it where it needed to go, and handing back the change. He spun around waiting for his co-worker to prepare the coffee and honestly he wished he was back there doing it, not up at the counter. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy working register, he just simply preferred to be the one making the coffee. It was calming, easy and he dealt with less people.

The young man snapped out of his thoughts when he felt the warmth of the paper coffee cup being pressed into his hand for him to grab. He shook his head slightly to clear his mind before turning back around to finish this person's order.

"Alright you're all set," he spoke, sliding the cup towards the man who smiled at him before picking it up and headed towards the exit, yet the small bell that was above the door which signaled when someone was entering or leaving never rang.

"Uh sir, is everything alright?" Rowan questioned who was not standing examining the cup that had just been given to him.

"Oh um yeah, sorry!" The customer said quickly but didn't move from where he stood.

"Is your order okay?" Rowan questioned the man again. He was at a lost on what to do right now as most people don't stand in the middle of a coffee shop looking at their drink.

"Yeah it's fine, thank you," the man said, in the fakest tone Rowan had ever heard and that was saying something considering he worked in fast food.

"Are you sure about that?" Rowan began, "Because you don't sound too pleased with what you've got there."

"It's just-" The man paused for a moment before speaking again, "This is going to sound ridiculous but I've been coming here for a few days now and there are always words of encouragement on my cups and..." He trailed off before gesturing to the blank cup which would normally have a positive message written on it but instead it was blank.

Rowan raised his eyebrows in shock upon hearing what this customer had said to him. Someone had actually enjoyed the little words of encument he scribbled onto random cups? He motioned for the taller man to come back over.

"May I?" Rowan asked, gesturing to the coffee cup. It was quickly handed back to the young man. Taking a marker from the small cup that was behind the counter, Rowan quickly wrote down something before handing it back.

"Better?" He questioned. The young man watched as the customer read over what he had wrote a bright smile quickly found its way onto their face as they nodded.

"Yeah much. I'm Sam by the way."
"Rowan. And I'm glad to hear that Sam."