Chapter 16

I kept on doing the same process again and again. At one point he started shivering very badly that even though I didn't wanted to but I had to rub his chest. My heart pinched, my nose twitched, emotions that were foreign to me, emotions that I had closed way back, suddenly started warming up as soon as my palm came in contact with his chest.

One by one drops of tear felled down from my eyes. It hurted me to see him like this, to see him in pain. Everything was falling apart inside my heart, the things on which I had controlled was slipping down my hands. I didn't knew that I cared for him this deeply, that, seeing him like this will break my heart into pieces and leave me breathless.

Taking his hand in mine, interlocking my fingers with his, I brought it close to my chest.

"Mr.Grey Eyes, please get well soon. I can't see you like this, seeing you like this, is breaking every ounce of my control on over my emotions!! I didn't knew that I cared for you this deeply, because, if I had knew then I wouldn't have let myself this close to you."

Sucking in a sharp breath, my lips quivered as I took a shaky breath.

It was as if my brain and my heart have stopped functioning.

The control that I had once on, over my emotions was on the verge of breaking.

Covering him up properly with a blanket, I got up and walked towards his working table. His Laptop was neatly placed on the corner. There were some pens and papers. Some of the pens lying down on the table while some of the papers were crunched up in the ball. Keeping the pens in their stand and throwing the rubbish in the dustbin, I came face to face with his photos of his family.

There was a picture with his Dad. He had once said that this picture was taken by his Mom, when he had completed his graduation. The next picture had him and his mom. Well, it will be a lie if I'll say that he's not a momma's boy but this was a great shock when I got to know that he's also a daddy's boy!!

I had laughed out so loud and had continued laughing for at least five minutes. He was so embarrassed for telling me this, that his nose and ears had turned pink. He looked cute when he blushed! Coming back to the picture, he was helping his mom in cooking. He had once said that he loved to spend time with his family.

Family-this one word makes my stomach churn. My heartbeat accelerates and my body goes numb. Something that I'll always crave for.

Closing my eyes, thousands of memories, some good, some bad, flashed in front of my eyes. Begging me to let them come out, to let them take over me but with one sharp pang in my chest, I refuse to remember everything.

Sucking in a sharp breath, my gaze landed on an half empty photo frame. It was in a shape of a heart. But, when you'll look carefully, you'll notice that the other half of the frame is almost broken. But, when you'll insert the other pic it'll be completed. As if the other person is carrying half of your weight and would never leave you broken and empty.

My lips curved into a knowing smile.

"This frame will be completed when i'll insert the picture of my "Queen"" He had told me when I had asked about this particular frame.

That time I couldn't fathom that how can he, can love someone way before than she has even arrived in his life.

That time I had felt scared for him, what if, if she's not the one for him? What if, if she's gonna leave him? I knew that if anything mentioned above will happen his heart will break into millions of pieces and no amount of coaxing him can join those pieces again! He'll become into a lifeless soul.

I knew very well,

That...

He'll stop breathing if she leaves him ever.

And still,

I did the very same thing.

A chill ran down my spine and I shivered, wrapping my arms around my waist, I closed the window properly which had opened due to the bone chilling wind that was blowing outside. I rubbed my arms and cheeks, to provide little bit of warmth to my skin.

Walking back towards him, I checked his temperature again and now it has come down to 101°. Feeling a bit relax, I again dipped the towel in the water and alternatively placed it on his forehead first and then on his chest.

I kept on repeating this until my body became limp, my eyes lost it's strength to stay awake and my brain became still. Only, the last thing that I remembered was my grip tightening in his hand, our fingers interlocking and my head falling down on his hand.

I didn't knew if it was the warm rays of sun on a fall morning that made my eyes swinging back and forth as I let myself loose in the warmness of the sun. Forgetting my aching shoulders, forgetting that I'll get a cramp in my neck when I'll wake up instead I still pushed myself closer towards the warmth that was now caressing my hair. Dispersing the sweet talks of the birds in the air, I inhaled and leaned into the warmth which instantly brought peace to my disturbed heart.

Blinking away my last few minutes of sleep, I tiredly opened my eyes, a smile plastered on my face. Stretching my arms slightly, I wiped off the drool that was stuck like a gum. A faint chuckle was heard by my ears and I turned to my left to see a pair of of grey eyes crinkling up in the corner and a wide smile was very much noticeable.

I blinked my eyes twice before jumping upon him and tackling him in a bone crushing hug. "You duffer, idiot, moron!! You scared the shit out of me...!!" I kept on smacking his chest, which was still properly covered with the blanket.

"Ouch!! Easy...easy. You're hurting me!!" He cried.

I pulled back and full on glared!

"When did you woke?" I asked

"When my mom called" he shrugged.

I didn't let him see me flinch when he mentioned his mom.

After sending Nafisa and Shezan to the park and dismissing the maids from the house by giving them an off! It's not a new thing for Laiba to give a surprise off but since today she was happy so she decided to give them rest, too. Discarding her clothes, Laiba stepped under the hot water. Running her hand through her hair, she made way for the water to pass through her thick luscious hair as she slowly squeezed a decent amount of shampoo on her left palm. Rubbing both of her palms together, she massaged her scalp evenly and slowly, taking her own sweet time.

Closing her eyes, she felt at ease. She couldn't just wipe off that stubborn smile, which always kept on popping on her face, whenever she thought about Ashar. Last night, she was a mess but today she's in peace. She's happy that finally he is much better than last night.

Stepping out of the shower and towel drying herself, she rummaged through her closet before settling upon a charcoal grey overall and a white tee underneath it. She loved wearing overalls, but this particular one was her favourite. It has fixed cuffs and a cropped profile with patch front pocket and slant hip pockets. But what had pestered her to buy this overall was the drawstring at the waist.

Quickly pulling up the overall, she adjusted the hook-and-eye which was there at the bodice. Running her fingers through her wet locks, she let them be just the way they were, tamed and were ready to go wild. Her skin was glowing and the glow was very much evident on her face which made her smile all the more.

She locked the door of her old room and went to Ashar's room. She knew what was awaiting for her inside and that didn't helped her at all. Stopping mid steps towards his room, she contemplated for a while to go inside or not! But she knew better that no matter how much she avoids she'll eventually have to come face to face with him, so it's better to get over with as fast as possible.

Taking a deep breath she opened the door of his bedroom by inserting his room key and with a click, she locked the door behind her and jumped back in the process, when he suddenly came behind her, caging her in between his arms. Her soft frame sticking against the door while his rock solid biceps resting on either side of her shoulders.

His tall frame towering over her small frame did no help in making her gulp out of nervousness. Her heartbeat was going erratic with every passing second, as her eyes roamed everywhere except his face, because she knew, one look at him will make her fall for him again.

Cliffhanger...... ;) ;)