Chapter 15

By the time we reached his house, he was already drooping down and was becoming more difficult to hold him. With the help of him, I opened the main door and quickly locked it, back. Opening the door of his bedroom, "Ashar" I quickly held him tightly as he stumbled a bit walking towards his bed.

Standing beside his bed, I helped him to lay down on the bed but he just felled down as if he had no control over his body. Quickly kneeling down beside him, I adjusted his head properly on the pillow and picked up his left hand keeping it over his chest. Slowly bending down towards the edge of the bed, I took out his shoes and socks, one by one. Keeping them on their proper place, I turned around and pulled the comforter properly over him.

Once again, I ran my hand over his forehead and it was still burning like before. God Damn! When will those injections and pills gonna work? Feeling irritated, I ran my fingers through my hair. He hadn't even eaten anything... but it's of no use in making him eat now, either he'll just decline or vomit!! Glancing at the wall clock, it was only eleven, it's going to be a loonngg night, ahead!

Jus like always, I went to Shezan's room to check upon him. He was sleeping, instantly a smile spread across my face just by looking at him. Kissing his forehead lightly, I glanced around the room. His room was a mess, like always, so I started picking up everything one by one and started arranging it properly and keeping it in the right place. While doing so, my cell buzzed, it was Jess.

"Hey" I said picking up.

"Hola!" Both Jess and Laila replied together.

Conference call...

"Did your mood got better?" Jess asked

I was about to reply, when Laila cut me off-"did your Ashar showed up today?" I rolled my eyes at her statement!!

"Umm...actually he's running from a high fever!!! I said

"May God have mercy on him and heal him quick!" Jess said.

Aamen, I silently muttered.

"What happened suddenly?" Laila asked softly

"I don't know exactly, after completing my shift when I came out I got a call from his number, but it was his employee...." And I told them everything.

"Who in the world can ignore food???" Jess shouted

"I know right!!" Laila agreed

"This type of carelessness is highly not acceptable but I also understand as to why he did this!!" I said.

"And we won't force you to spill the beans" I bet Jess and Laila must be smiling now.

This is what I love about my friends they never force me into something, until and unless, I'm ready for it.

"Call us if you'll need anything!" They both said

"Yeah sure"And after wishing each other good night, we hung up!

Feeling a bit relaxed, I again started cleaning up the mess.

After finishing cleaning everything, I went to our room and sat down beside him, deciding to check his temperature, I slowly put the thermometer in his mouth. Since, I cleaned his room, so I found out that he kept first aid box in the right side of his drawer. Chewing my nails and tapping my feet anxiously, I waited for it to beep.

What felt like an eternity, it finally beeped. Carefully, I took out the thermometer from his mouth. Looking at the temperature, I sighed, 102°!! No wonder, why he was still burning. Holding his hand, I almost flinched. Quickly, I ran my hand over his feet and they were dead cold just like his hands.