5. Don't Be A Hero

"Shit", I said because that's my go-to answer when things don't go right. I've just steered my way into the dumpster down the street. And I'm sure one or two kids saw it happen. Thankfully I'm not hurt too too bad. Thanks to Techsuit's armor.

At least now I know I can sort of fly— like Superman. Something about using my hands and thrusting down pushes me up and allows me to levitate. But it's crazy because I'm only about 20 feet up, able to graze over the smaller buildings on my street. When I started going I crashed into this dumpster because I wasn't able to steer. At this rate those thick skulled thieves would have already passed that street.

I got myself up though and I commanded Levitech again. I was only slightly off the ground compared to my height before. I left my phone at home, but I knew there was only a few things Techsuit could do on its own. It would levitate, it would become invisible along with its bearer, two things I've been able to experience with it.

But I also saw that, when activated, the suit's gloves' fingertips were extremely adhesive. Like Spider-man type. That could come extremely in handy given the right time. 

Okay, enough stalling. I need to get going now. Since I'm off the ground I tilted my body in front of me until I was hovering in the air like Superman. Then I thrusted myself forward and flew off into the street. If it wasn't for living in Gradiant City my whole life and spending my high school years exploring the outside neighborhood, I wouldn't know my way around this part because my neighborhood is a lot more put together. I approached the street but the truck was already flying down it. I have to catch up. I tried to go faster but I guess the top speed with this command is 60 mph and the fucking truck was going way faster. "Come on, Techsuit!" I yelled.

Apparently this thing might be super intelligent because right after saying that I was even further down the street. I spotted the truck and swooped down but the only problem with going so fast is not being able to stop and I crashed right onto the top of the truck. Thank God this worked! 

"Walltech!" I whispered. I don't know who created these voice activations but I'd like to have a word with them! preferably after this whole "stealing from the lab" thing blows over! Bang! What the hell? I looked down at the truck and saw a hole that seemed to be ripped from the roof. Did the driver just shoot at me? And who drives with a gun in their hand? There was another bang, and another hole. Only this time I just missed it. How is this guy shooting with almost perfect aim while driving?!

I can't keep risk getting shot at. I slid over to the driver's door of the truck, bending at the waist and hanging over, and pulled it off (I found out the suit gave a little bit of strength when after falling into trash and throwing a bag off me, it basically flew into the sky.) Okay, well I didn't really pull the whole door off because the suit has its limitations. But without the door being unlocked it flew open. It kept banging and banging against the speedy truck, I had no way of getting my arm through undamaged without timing it right. Once it had just closed and was opening again I threw my hand inside and pulled the driver right out. And this, is why you always wear a seat-belt.

One of the worst parts about stopping bad guys (which I've learned from various movies) is the collateral damage. Which is really just innocent people getting hurt because of what's happening around them I think. And well, that was about to happen because there was this hysterical old lady crossing the street!

I felt my eyes reflexively go wide because that old woman was right in front of the 70-80 mph truck! I threw myself into the driver's seat and jerked the steering wheel to the left while also slamming down on the brakes. The truck was this close to pummeling the poor lady. Only, right when it stopped, she kept walking like nothing happened. I sighed in relief and sat back, my head going to the side from exhaustion.

"What you looking at?!" I stared at a guy in the passenger seat who must be part of this whole thing! I kicked him out the door that was also flying open, I hadn't forgotten about the crim I'd pulled out prior. I pulled myself out of the car, wobbling all over and even fell down. Crap, I suck at being a superhero.

I'm not sure where all the police went as I look around the street. But somehow those two criminals had regrouped in front of me! I shook my head at those crooks and remembered the invisible command. "Invisitech," I claimed, and I knew I couldn't be seen by that stupid shocked look on their face. I quietly thanked my father for enrolling me in martial arts all those years ago. I looked at the buy with the biggest gun. You won't be needing that,  I thought. Then I ran up to him and slid with a kick, knocking him off his feet (literally). I saw his partner look back at him in shock. I took his gun off the floor, disappearing in my hands-- that's new... I threw that gun back at the truck, because it'll just be taken back to the lab anyways.

I commanded levitech again. But then I was immediately shot at? I looked down at my hands, no longer able to see through my solid skin. Something about the goggles helped me see myself even being invisible. So there's even more limitations to the suit-- I can't use two... modes? at once. Well, that's just great.  

There is another loud bang, like the one I heard on top of the truck, but this time I knew what it was, and this time I was sent flying down to the ground. Before I was even able to process what was going on, criminal number two was coming charging at me. "Sh-" I drawled, even though I shouldn't be using the rest of my energy on curse remarks. I also heard sirens, meaning the police were here, and I even briefly looked behind the guy charging at me to see if I was right, and I was in wonder because why weren't they intervening?

Next thing I know the same big gun that I threw at the truck is being pointed at me and my eyes are going wide. "You're that dick from the news!" He shouted, with a grin so sinister it puts Joker to shame.

When I finally got my grips back, I whispered a faint "invisitech", looked at my hands, and said it again. "invisitech," I claimed, louder. They were now a bit see through, meaning I was completely invisible to the rest of the world. 

"Just cause I can't see you doesn't mean I won't shoot!" What is it with bad guys and not giving up? Got to give it to them.

Even though it hurt a bit, I got up from my position and scooted along the ground. The guy was shooting bullets, scaling the right of the road, and I was moving towards the left. I was moving towards the left because that's where he is, and I jumped onto his back, he started emptying out the whole magazine from frantically shooting upwards. I dipped myself back, and took him down with me, commanded "levitech" and swooped down enough into his head to just knock him out. The two bad guys were out cold and I could practically hear the first guy wailing "mommy?" in his sleep. I disengaged levitech.

I turned to the now encircling Police Officers. I smiled at them. "I know, I know," I touched my (always) messy hair. "Pretty helpful, huh? Thanks for not arresting me."

I saw a few officers get cuffs and place them on the woozy criminals. Then stuffed them into a police car each.

And then suddenly, there was police shields in front of them, and big guns pointed at me, again! So that's where they went. "Woah, woah! Hey! I just- I just saved an old lady. And stopped these guys!"

They really ignored me with that one, though. "Put your hands up!" I gaped. "I want you to shut your mouth and put your hands up! That is stolen technology!" I couldn't close my mouth though, this was unbelievable... even though I knew it'd happen. But it isn't like I used it for anything bad

I rolled my eyes and commanded invisitech. I wasn't about to get arrested today, not again. I ran into an alley, and once I was sure I wouldn't get followed, I used levitation and quickly got home. 

I could feel myself getting weaker. I didn't think the bullet penetrated me but the 2 areas where I was shot at was really painful. I opened my back door after disengaging levitation.

"What? Well find the guy and get me back my suit!" A voice seethed. "How am I going to cover this up?" I widened my eyes. Holy crap! My dad was home, and who was he talking to?!

Please vote and comment feedback! Much appreciated! :D