𝘶𝘯

RICHIE TOZIER WAS ASLEEP. well, trying to be anyway. he was really half asleep. his lanky legs were cramped in the shitty airplane seat and the mask sitting crooked on his eyes seemed like it was meant for a little girl.

"sir?" he suddenly felt a tug at his sleeve.
"what?" he muttered in an annoyed manner.
"the plane is landing." the flight attendant began. "all passengers are required to wake up."
he grumbled and pushed himself up, ripping the mask from his face.
the flight attendant clicked her tongue softly as she said the same message to other passengers.

finally, they began to land.

he fastened his seat belt and placed a hand on the arm of the chair. squeezing his eyes shut, he waited for the plane to actually hit the ground. plane landings were one of the things he really, really didn't like. they scared him.

as the vehicle touched the runway, the whole airplane shook violently. richie's glasses rattled and tapped against the little table folded out in front of him, which slightly annoyed others.

tears formed in his eyes as the ride only got bumpier.
"make it stop.
make it stop.
make it stop.
make it stop."
he repeated this under his breath, his voice slightly shining through in some parts.

his arm quickly shifted from the arm of the chair to his face. he pressed his palms to his eyes, his fingers curled into a fist.

suddenly, a delightful ping! played over the plane.

the landing was over.

richie breathed out heavily, his hands shaking gently as he removed them from his face. he reached for his glasses, unfolding them and sliding them onto his nose.

₊˚.༄

eddie rested his chin on his palm, bored.
"ten minutes. ten minutes. ten minutes." he repeated. ten minutes until he saw him.
richie tozier.

oh, where to even start with richie tozier.
from his curly unkept hair, his glasses, his freckles, his obnoxious hawaiian shirts...

brrrng!

the phone located in eddie's pocket rung. it made him jump, being so loud.
he picked it up hesitantly.

"richie?"

"hey! spaghetti man!"

eddie groaned. "what do you want. where are you?"

"outside."

"what?"

suddenly, the boy on the other end hung up.
"ugh!" eddie exclaimed before hearing a brittle but familiar knock on the front door.
he gasped.

"how..." he whispered to himself before opening the door, his doughy brown eyes immediately engaging with more enlarged brown eyes behind coke bottle glasses.

"hi."

"hey, eds!"

"don't call me that."

"nice greeting, asshole."

he wandered past him and directly into eddie's house. his mother, sonya, wasn't home so this was okay. his hawaiian shirt baring arm brushing against eddie's. the shorter boy blinked hazily before shutting the door. when he turned around, richie was already sitting at the table and patting the seat next to him.
"come, sit. tell me all bullshit i missed."

"you didn't miss anything, it's derry." eddie replied, plopping down. "what would there be to miss?"

richie raised his eyebrows.

the germaphobic boy bit his pursed bottom lip in regret, knowing what was coming next.

"your mom, of course."

he face-palmed, which turned into burying his face into his hands to hide his smile.

"you haven't even been back for five minutes." eddie said through cracks in his fingers.

"you gave me the opportunity!" richie complained through chuckles. "that's, like, putting a bone in front of a dog and not expecting it to fuckin' go for it."

"you just called yourself a dog."

"and? dogs are cool!"

"whatever."

after a while of useless banter, it suddenly got quiet. they'd calmed down.

"richie?" the small boy chimed in with.

"what?" he replied sharply, looking up from his gameboy.

"i... i did discover something while you were gone."

"what?" he repeated, sitting up. he was intrigued.

"it's, like, a really big thing." eddie fiddled with his own hands.

"ok, continue." richie replied, using every ounce of will in his body not to make a dick joke.

"don't be mad?" eddie asked, looking down. "or laugh at me?"

"i'll try, eddie spaghetti." he said. why was his tone somewhat serious, despite calling eddie that?

"i'm gay."

₊˚.༄

omg whew ok i hoped u enjoyed the first chapter of this fanfic. comment or whateva
oh also tomorrow is my bday party so i might not write any new chapters oopsie
- lyss

4:21 pm - 16 august 2019