twenty one

chapter twenty one United We Stand

chapter twenty one
United We Stand. Divided We Fall

Ray let out a soft moan as her back hit the pavement below. A small trickle of blood ran out of her nose and down the side of her face. Her entire back was inflamed with a burning pain. She thought that she was dead.

And then that pain subsided into a dull ache.

"Oh man, I am so sorry. I tried to catch us, really." Peter Parker said as he sat up. He too was in pain.

Then anger filled her small body and she jumped from her spot. Catching Peter of guard, she tackled him to the ground and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"You just dropped me from a three story floor and you're sorry? I swear to God I am going to kill you!" She yelled.

"Mr. Stark, help." Peter coughed into the earpiece.

"I believe I may be of some help." A seemingly robotic voice said over her head.

Ray made the mistake of looking up and then strong arms wrapped themselves around her. Her feet left the ground and then she was flying.

"I do apologize on behalf of my fellow companions. They are quite, rambunctious." Vision said. "But I do believe that this is what's best for you. The fact remains that they are acting outside of the law and while you are not one of us, you will be tried with treason."

"Let me go." Ray fought but it was as if his arms were made of steel. His hold was stronger than Bucky's.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Miss Banner."

"My last name is Smith!"

"Oh, I do apologize. I thought it was Banner."

Ray hated how polite he was. "You're annoying."

Their feet touched the ground in the other side of the airport and she was immediately grabbed by Natasha. "Are you okay?"

Ray pushed the Russian Spy off of her. "Don't touch me."

"Alright." Tony said. "I am sorry it has come to this. But it's the only way to get Barnes to surrender peacefully."

"Bull shit you egotistical asshole. He didn't do it."

"Okay. How is she Bruce's daughter?" Tony looked around the group.

"She sounds more like yours." The War Machine said.

"I hate to interrupt but we do seem to have a problem." Vision said.