Chapter 23

Nervously, I called Magnus. I don't know why I was nervous, I guess I always am, when I talk to him. After some seconds he picked up.

„Hey." he said softly. His voice sounded rough like he was crying. Was he?

„Hey, are you crying?" I asked worriedly. He sniffled.

„No." he said. I kinda knew he was lying. I knew his voice and it sounded different.

„Magnus, you don't have to lie to me." I said. He sighed. „Even though, we don't know each other that long, I want to be there for you." I added.

„Okay, I did cry because my mom is a sensitive topic and.. I never really told anyone about it, except you." he explained. I was surprised.

„Wait, what? What about your best friends?" I asked. I mean they know him better than I do.

„They know that my mother killed herself but not how I feel about it." he said. „I trust you, Alexander." he added. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Was I in love? No, Alec. No!

„You won't regret it. I'm here for you." I said. „Besides, who should I tell? No one really knows you, except my sister." I said and he laughed softly. I was glad I made him laugh.

„You never talk about me?" he said, acting like he was offended. I laughed.

„I do, but just to my siblings. Who else should I tell?" I said. I mean, I wouldn't tell Clary or Simon.

„I have good news, by the way." he said. „I looked for flights and I could visit you in a month." he said. A big smile appeared in my face.

„Are you serious? This is amazing!" I answered. „I have to tell my mom and Izzy!" I said excited and he laughed.

„Don't stress yourself. I can look for a hotel if your mom has a problem with it." he said. I shook my head, but then I realized he can't see that. Ooops.

„No, I'm sure it's gonna be fine and if it's not, then you'll just sneak in." I told him.

„Is it possible, that you just want to have me by your side?" he asked and I immediately blushed. I am glad he couldn't see it.

„Uh, n-no! I-I just mean t-that it would be cheaper i-if you stay with me." I stuttered. Wow, good job Alec. It was a lie. Of course I wanted to have him by my side but I wouldn't tell him. Magnus laughed.

„Calm down, I am just joking." he said. Good. „I can't wait to meet you." he said and I smiled.

„Neither can I." I answered.

„Do you already have a plan what we could do?" he asked.

„Actually yes, but I won't tell you yet." I said. „How many days will you stay?" I asked.

„How long do you want me to stay?" he asked. Tricky question.

„Forever?" I said. Shit, how cheesy. I mean it's not like I am in love with him but if I continue to be weird he will think that.

„Yeah, I thought about that too but I can't do a break from my job forever." he said. Probably true.

„How about a week?" I asked carefully. What if he thinks it's too long? I mean, how should we know when we see each other again?

„Sounds like a plan." he said and I breathed out in relieve. Thank god. A week with Magnus Bane. Sounds amazing. „So, how is the guy doing you like?" he asked and I got nervous.

„W-What do you mean?" I asked. Did I say something?

„Remember before Lydia's Party? You told me that you don't know how you feel about that guy." he said. Oh yeah. Shit.

„Uh, yeah. Nothing happened. I guess that won't work out." I said.

„Don't give up, you're a catch." he said. Sounded like he wanted me to find someone. Probably because he is still into this Camille girl.

„Are you still into Camille?" I asked without thinking. He stayed quiet. Stupid stupid Alec.

„Why are you asking that?" he asked. Why? Maybe because I wanna know if I would have chances if I were actually in love with him, which is absolutely not the case. I guess I shouldn't say that.

„I'm just wondering. You don't have to answer, sorry." I apologized. He sighed.

„No, I am not." he said. I was kinda happy to hear that. „I am not completely over her, but I don't love her anymore." he said. Oh man.

„Okay." I said softly. I yawned because it was already almost 2 a.m. and I actually have school tomorrow. I put my phone next to my pillow and closed my eyes.

„Are you tired?" Magnus asked. Yes I was, but I didn't want to tell him because he would hang up. I wanted to hear his voice. It was better than sleep.

„No, I'm fine." I said quietly, almost asleep. He laughed softly.

„Are you sure?" he asked and I just answered with ‚Mhm'. „You are a bad liar." he said but I couldn't answer anymore.

„Alexander?"

„Goodnight, darling."