Betrayel pt 2

Thel knew something was off with Bria. He had heard that she left the ship to go hunt, but she was back so suddenly? Why?

     She had asked him on a date. That was mostly a human thing, but she did seem troubled so he went with her. He remembered the events that played out before this, while they were at the marketplace. Her heavy breathing, her playing with her fingers. She was nervous and uncomfortable. He didn't get a good vibe at all. Little did he know that she would end up almost stabbing him!

     "What. Are. You. Doing?" He said mostly in pure shock but it came out more aggressive than he intended. Her eyes grew and it seemed like her breathing had stopped. He was very confused. But thankful that he had the instinct to catch her arm.

      Was she just trying to train?

     Another strike told him differently. She had murder in her eyes. She was actually intending to kill him.

     She swiftly pulled back and backed up a few steps. The knife still grasped tightly. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly.

     Her hand that held the knife was trembling. Her eyes looked sad.

     "Bria?" He said lowly.

      But she struck again going for the heart. Her combat skills were low. It didn't seem like she was focusing at all.

     He blocked her arm once again. "Bria!" He yelled.

     "Silence traitor!" She spat back. And slashed again, this time she decided to use her powers and pushed him back slightly.

     "Why?" He growled as he protected himself. "What is your reason?"

     "I'm trying to save the world from your lies." She replied. "They told me everything! You're desperate to win!"

      What is she talking about? He thought.

     She lunged at him and managed to cut his face, his blood started dripping on the floor. He looked down and wiped the blood away. He couldn't hurt her, he didn't want to. But she was deranged.

     He groaned. "I will explain everything if you just be still!" He pushed her off.

     "Oh no..." She said. "I won't give you the chance to cut me down." Her power burned his arm. He let out a painful groan. "Time to meet your demise."

     She released a fury of attacks on him. Injuring him well. She cut his arm, his legs, but he was still standing. She was fast and powerful, but since she wasn't focused he was more powerful.

     His eyes searched for something that could help, anything. He didn't dare pull out his sword on her. He didn't want to fight her even if she had the actual intention of killing him.

     Maybe he should give up. Accept his fate. He wouldn't mind being slain by the hands of his own wife. It sounded better than being murdered by anything or anyone else. He's been so close to death recently, he shouldn't be alive. He only fought to live for her. And now she's out for him.

     What about everything they've been through together? The adventures. The battles. The training... the love... he loved her more than anything. Yes, he was willing to give up his life for her, but he also wanted to help her. Couldn't they just talk about it? Without knives?

     He looked at the closest wall and knew what he had to do.

     "I really didn't want to do this..." Thel said completely out of breath. But she wasn't going to stop.

     Finally, he grabbed her which shocked her, he pushed her right into a wall, head first.

     BAM!

     ...

     That did not look like it felt good. Her skull made contact with the concrete making a horrible sound that even made Thel cringe.

      She stood there for a moment. Probably in shock. And slowly pried herself away from the wall. She looked at him, her forehead bled into her eyes.

     "Bria-" before he could ask her anything, she began to fall over. He raced and caught her before she made contact with the ground.

      Did he just kill her?

     He placed a hand on her chest and felt a paced heartbeat. He sighed in relief.

      "Hopefully we can talk when you wake up." He whispered and carried her back to the ship.