TWENTY-THREE

It is Unity Day, and this morning Monty had made moonshine. It was homemade type of alcohol and I was loving it. To say that people were happy about it was an understatement. The only thing people have been doing today is, drink and have fun.

We were watching a speech Jaha was doing making me roll my eyes. I was standing next to Harper, before fake throwing up making her laugh. Suddenly, I see Jasper stumbling out of a tent making me walk over to him.

"I need some more." I said and Jasper cheers.

"And that's why you're my favourite." He says pouring me another cup.

"I'm right here." Monty says making me laugh.

"I need to get drunk, now." I said, and the boys smirked at me. The next few hours were quite the blur, I walked out of a tent sobered up it was still quite dark. I spotted Bellamy standing around, eating an apple and I walked over to him.

"Don't tell me you stood there all night?"

"I was looking for you half the night, so technically I wasn't." He says making me chuckle.

"Always seem to be looking out for me." I said and he looks down at me, giving me a smile.

"You always seem to be getting yourself in trouble."

"You need to loosen up." I said, playfully nudging him and he chuckles.

"You and Jasper were a pain in my ass, that's for sure." Bellamy says and I laughed.

"No doubt about it."

"Hey. I need to talk to you." Clarke says, walking over to the both of us. She stands beside me and looks to the crowd as well. I see someone with more moonshine and I grab their cup out of their hands and they glare at me while I skull the rest, I finish it and give them an empty cup.

"Having fun yet, princess?" Bellamy asks, smirking towards Clarke.

"I'm serious." She says not liking that Bellamy isn't taking her seriously.

"That's my cue." I say, walking off, or shall I say try.

"I need your help too." Clarke says, I sigh.

"I can never just catch a break, can I?" I said as I turn back around and stood next to them. Clarke gives me a pity look but I just wave my hand dismissively.

"Finn's set up a meeting with the grounders. I'm leaving to go talk to them." Clarke says, and both Bellamy and I look at her with wide eyes. Meeting with the grounders doesn't make sense nor does it seem like a good idea.

"Because you figure impaling people with spears is code for, "let's be friends"? Have you lost your mind?" Bellamy says, looking at her like she was crazy.

"I think it may be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people." She says, proving a point.

"They'll probably gut you, string you up as a warning." Bellamy reminds her the consequences.

"I don't want to add to this situation but Clarke this is dangerous, okay?" I said and she sighs.

"I know okay, and that's why I want you both to come with me. Bellamy you can follow, be back up. Akiva, I need you on the bridge with me. You're good with close combat, and I'm going to need that." She says looking between the two of us.

"Does Finn know about this?" Bellamy asks.

"Finn doesn't know, and Bellamy, bring guns." Clarke tells him before walking off before I leave I look back at Bellamy.

"Don't do anything stupid. I'm serious Bellamy." I said, and he smiles nodding.

"Be safe." He tells me and I nodded. I walked over to Clarke who was standing with Finn by the wall, surrounding camp.