I grabbed my phone off my vanity and my purse

I grabbed my phone off my vanity and my purse. I walked downstairs where Chris was sitting on the couch scrolling through Instagram. There was some girl thirst trapping and I saw his face scrunch up. He went to her profile and when I thought he was about to start lurking, he unfollowed her. I raised my eyebrows and smiled to myself. I told you issa husband.

"I'm ready to go." I spoke to him from the bottom step. He whipped his head around to look at me. His eyes examined me intently as they moved up and down. He furrowed his brows and I began to get worried. Am I underdressed? Are we going someplace fancy? Oh shit, of course my broke ass put on this basic ass outfit no wonder why-

"Why you tryna be like me?" My thoughts lost dominance over me as Chris's raspy voice filled my eardrums. I scrunched up my face as he stood up. I saw that he was wearing a white shirt with black pants and vans. His chains were tucked in his shirt and only one piercing was in his nose. He even put in his small diamond studs.

 He even put in his small diamond studs

"Nobody is tryna be like you. You got dressed while I was still getting ready." I folded my arms as he scoffed. He looked me up and down before rolling his neck and throwing his hand up.

"That's cute and all, but..." He scrunched up his face and spoke in a feminine voice. (Y'all remember that video? 😭 BITCH ITS CHRIS BROWN!) I laughed at his goofiness and shook my head. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out to see an Instagram notification.

Instagram
its.terrell2x is now following you.

I felt my heart stop and I struggled to swallow the lump in my throat. I decided not to click on the profile, scared that it would be him. Wait, Terrell doesn't have an Instagram. Okay, so it's just a random dude. Just in case though... I clicked on the profile and it only had one picture up. The picture was of palm trees and the sunset in the background. Oh, this one of them photographer dudes. Okay, I can breathe now.

"Girl, do you not hear me talking to you? Let's go." Chris rolled his eyes and walked out the door. I huffed and followed behind him.

I couldn't help but stare at Chris as his eyes scanned the menu. Why can't I be as pretty as he is? I mean seriously, the freckles, the jawline, the cheekbones, the hair, the teeth..... Why is his skin so smooth? Drop the skincare routine, Christopher. It was so clear, it was like he never had acne in his life. Chris told me once that he was insecure about his teeth. It took all the strength in me not to slap the shit outta him. I don't think he understands how beautiful he truly is.