"Where have you been?" he asked slowly, sounding just a bit too calm. Pansy blinked, startled to see him, and quickly walked past him to sit on one of the couches. "Pansy!"

"I was just out walking!" she said defensively, smoothing out her robes as she sat.

"It's a bit early, isn't it?" Draco asked suspiciously.

"I like the morning air," Pansy returned flatly. Draco eyed her doubtfully for a few seconds before moving to join her on the couch.

"I have something I wish to discuss with you," he said shortly. Pansy raised an eyebrow at his tone.

"Well, let's hear it then," she replied in amusement. Draco's brow furrowed.

"Alright. Pansy...what the hell were you trying to pull last night?"

"Excuse me?"

"Last night. With...that whole thing with Potter and the cuddling," Draco spat out. Pansy glanced aside, attempting to hide her grin.

"I thought you'd like that better than snogging him," she replied airily.

"Better? It was worse! Snogging at least gets it done and over with quickly. That...that cuddling business... It was uncomfortable and hot and...uncomfortable..." He trailed off and Pansy leaned forward slightly to get a better look at his face, noticing how his eyes became glazed over.

"What, for your arm?" she asked, smirking when Draco's eyes snapped back into focus and he rounded on her with a horrified look on his face.

"What?" he whispered, eyes still wide.

"Or maybe it was hot and uncomfortable because he had his hand down your pants nearly the whole time?" Pansy continued in an overly thoughtful tone. All the color drained from Draco's face for a brief second, before coming back in a rush and tinting his cheeks pink.

"You saw?"

"Honey, we were all sitting less than fifteen feet away from you."

"But no one was paying any attention to us!"

"Well see, there's this thing called peripheral vision. It's quite handy, really." Draco groaned and dug his hands into his hair. "Oh, cheer up, Draco. It's not like it's the end of the world that you like Potter."

"Like him?!" Draco exclaimed, jumping up from the couch to stare down at Pansy in disbelief. "I don't like him, I hate him!" His dark-haired friend rolled her eyes, grabbing his sleeve to pull him back down next to her.

"Sure, sure, whatever. But since you've been getting to know him better-"

"I have not been 'getting to know him,'" Draco said darkly.

"Don't you two ever talk during your little practice sessions?" Pansy asked curiously.

"There's only been two!" Draco cried, and Pansy quickly shushed him before anyone else could pick up on their conversation. "You make it sound like it's a regular thing," he continued in a quieter voice, glancing around nervously. "And besides...our mouths are usually otherwise occupied." Pansy's eyebrows rose and her mouth quirked up in amusement, while Draco blushed slightly.

"Well, then I think you should get to know him," she declared, ignoring Draco's narrowed gaze.

"Pansy...why? One, he's a boy and I don't like boys, just in case that somehow became unclear in the past few weeks. Two, it's Potter. Three, he's the Dark Lord's enemy. Four, it's Potter-"