ch; 1

lowercase intended
*tw- selfharm*

     the room was spinning as finn woke up. this always happened. he never had a clue why. he sat at the edge of his bed until his vision went back to normal. as he stood up, sadness washed over him. he never wanted to get out of bed. he never ever wanted to wake up. he felt like everyday was a gloomy loop of sadness. he walked to the little bathroom attached to his room and switched the light on. as he stared at himself in the mirror, examining every inch of his face, he felt disgusted. disgusted with himself. the way he looks horrified him.

     as he looked down at his pale, scrawny arms, he looked at the slits all over them. why did he do this to himself? he didn't know. he felt like nothing. nothing at all. he sighed as he turned the sink on, letting the water run for a second, then splashing some on his face. he fixed up his curly head of hair, brushing some of it out of his eyes. he swiftly brushed his teeth and walked out of the bathroom, throwing on a hoodie and a random pair of pants. he hated wednesday's. especially because of p.e. as he walked downstairs with his earbuds in, ignoring what his dad had to say and walking out, he thought about what today could bring him. probably nothing good but he can hope.

     he walked along the sidewalk, the walk to school scared him, especially because of the woods. he never knew why the woods gave him such chills and bad thoughts. he shook the thoughts out of his head, and kept walking along the rugged sidewalk. as he walked, a sudden snapping noise came from the woods next to him. his heart stopped for a second until his head snapped towards the noise. he looked shocked as he saw what the cause of the noise was. a boy. his hair was roughened up, dirt smeared all over his face, and his clothes were torn up. they made eye contact for a few seconds, finn was intrigued, curious even. he took his earbuds out, "hello?" he called out. the mysterious boy had a shocked expression, he was tense. they were both tense.

     finn slowly walked towards the boy, but the boy slowly backed up. so finn stopped, the boy stopped, they stared at eachother. the boy started hyperventilating after a few seconds and ran away. "hey!" finn yelled as he ran after him. he didn't know why he was going after him. there was just something so intriguing about him. he didn't know what.

"watch out!" finn called out. the small boy didn't see a branch, and tripped on it, landing with a hard thud. the boy groaned out in pain, squinting his eyes.

"are you okay?" finn asked, out of breath. the boy just stared up at him with scared eyes.

"no, no get away from me! don't hurt me please!" he screamed, crawling back from finn.

"stop it! i'm not gonna hurt you. i'm here to help. please talk to me." finn practically begged.

the tiny boy calmed down, and finn offered a hand to help him up. he rejected it and got up by himself.

"who..who are you?" the boy said, looking down at his bare feet.

"i'm finn. what's your name?"

"jack dylan grazer."

"oh. finn wolfhard." he stared at the boy with curiosity.

"why are you out here?" finn asked

jack just shook his head.

"um..i can't say."

"oh..uhm that's okay."

an awkward silence rolled over the both of them.

finn broke it by asking, "hey are you hungry?"

the boy nodded hard.

"do you want my lunch?" finn asked

"err..are you sure?"

"yeah. here!" he handed jack his lunch box. jack tore it open and started gobbling at the turkey sandwich finn had in it. he finished all the food in a whole minute.

"woah..you must've been really hungry."

he just nodded and finished chewing.

"are you out here alone?"

jack frowned, but nodded slowly.

"how long have you been here?"

"long time."

"well, how did you get food?"

"um..stole." he simply said. finns eyes just widened but he just brushed it off.

"oh..okay."

finn thought about taking jack to his house. he couldn't though. first of all, he didn't even know the boy, second of all, his dad would kill him, and third of all, where would jack even sleep?

everything just hit him at once.

"hey..i have somewhere to be. but..can i come back later? i'll get you food and water i promise."

jack nodded excitedly, a big smile plastered onto his face. he liked finn already. and free food? even better. they said their goodbyes, and finn pranced off to school.

first chapter! hope you guys are okay with smut. it's not gonna be anytime soon, it's not gonna be rly dirty either. but when they're comfortable with eachother i'll probably put smut. maybe will upload chapter two later or tomorrow. <3

chapters will be longer but i wanted them to be introduced to eachother first. sorry if it's bad also i rushed.