chapter two

I got to school early today, the popular girls screwing their nose up at me.
"Let's see your arm, goth girl!" One of them sneered. They had a retarded stigma that edgy girls were goths and goths self-harmed. I held out my arm to show them my scar-free arm.
"Anything else you'd like to make up? Or are we done here?" I said. They scoffed and walked off.
"What did they want?" Archie asked, walking in with Troy and Ethan.
"Just another one of their stigmas, asking to see my non-exsistent scars." I rolled my eyes.
"Well, as your band manager, I'd like to hold a meeting with the principal to put their jokes to an end." Elliot declared, squeezing my shoulders.
"It's fine." We all chorused at him.
"Then get your asses to rehearsals. I've booked a gig!" Elliot cheered. We all wooped and cheered in response.
As we were running down the corridor, Mrs Planton stopped me.
"Kellie, we have a new student joining us today and I'd like you to show him around." She says.
"Uh sure, I have band practice though." I reply.
"Take him with you!" She said, overexcited.
"Okay..." I said.
"Off you go, Bailey." She ushered him away with me.
"Uh. I'm Kellie. Apparently you gotta come watch my band practice and then I gotta show you round."
"Okay. I'm Bailey. If I get bored I'm leaving, I'll find some cheerleader to show me round." He joked.
"Yeah, I'm ex-captain. I quit. I'm the best you're gonna get unless you're Justin Bieber." I scoff.
"Damn, I think I like you already." He says.
"Bad decision but we'll move on." I say.
I arrive in the band room.
"Who's this?" Elliot asked.
"Bailey. He's new and Mrs Planton is forcing me to show him round." I reply.
"Let me introduce myself properly, I'm Bailey Robertson, and I'm soon to rule this school." He said, proudly.
"Oh honey." I shook my head. "Alright then boys, here's the sheet music. New song, it's a good one. Its very... Honest." I say.
"Okay." They say.
"And, Robertson, sit back." I smile.
Troy starts a beat on the drum, Ethan begins on the guitar, and Archie enters with the bass guitar.
The lights switch off and the spotlight burns on us, I grab the microphone and start....
"I don't mind," I sing, "Letting you down easy but just give it time. If it don't hurt now, but just wait, just wait a while"
I start to rock my body to the beat. "You're not the big fish in the pond no more, You are what they're feeding on" I point at Bailey and start dancing around the microphone,
"So what are you gonna do, When the world don't orbit around you? So what are you gonna do, When the world don't orbit around you?"
I snatch the microphone off of the stand and lose control, "Ain't it fun: Living in the real world! Ain't it good, Being all alone!"
I stop dancing around and just rock to the beat at the corner of the stage, "Where you're from, You might be the one who's running things. Well you can ring anybody's bell and get what you want." I sing.
"See it's easy to ignore trouble, When you're living in a bubble!" I point at Bailey again.
"So what are you gonna do, When the world don't orbit around you? So what are you gonna do, When nobody wants to fool with you?" I rock back to back with Archie before losing control again in the chorus,
"Ain't it fun: Living in the real world!
Ain't it good: Being all alone!" I dance
"Ain't it good to be on your own
Ain't it fun, you can't count on no one
Ain't it good to be on your own
Ain't it fun you can't count on no one" I enjoy myself to the point I forget I'm only in the band room instead of Glastonbury.
"Ain't it fun: Living in the real world!" I cheer.
"Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on you're own, in the real world. Don't go crying to your mama
'Cause you're on you're own, in the real world. Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on you're own, in the real world. Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on you're own, in the real world!" I chant with the band.
The music stops and we all clap our hands to what would've been the beat, "Ain't it fun, ain't it fun, Baby now you're one of us. Ain't it fun, ain't it fun, ain't it fun!" Troy starts on the drums again, entering us into the chorus.
"Ain't it fun: Living in the real world
Ain't it good, ain't it good: Being all alone. Ain't it fun: Living in the real world. Ain't it good, ain't it good: Being all alone!"
The song was coming to a close and we started the chant again:
"Don't go crying to your mama,'Cause you're on your own, in the real world!
Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on your own, in the real world!
Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on your own, this is the real world!
Don't go crying to your mama, 'Cause you're on your own, in the real world!
Don't go crying to your mama, Don't go crying!" We finished up the song. And fell into a massive group hug.
"That was AMAZING! I take it back. You guys can continue ruling this school!" Bailey exclaimed.
"We don't rule this school." Ethan laughed.
"Let me help you with that." Bailey smirked.