ONE

I always thought the torture would end once I finished high school and went to university, but then I found out university was the exact same thing, if not even worse.

I walked in the hallways, trying to ignore the stares of everyone else. I hated that everyone knew who I was and I hated that everyone judged me for my appearance.

The fact is, that I am a normal girl. I don't look special, or anything. The only difference from me and other girls is that I was always alone, and never talked to anyone. I didn't have friends and I've almost never spoken with my classmates. The only time people could hear my voice was when I had to do a presentation. I was so quiet that for the first week of school everyone believed I was mute.

However, even if I was the quiet one, I was still in the spotlight. I managed to enter in the best university of Seoul, the most expensive one also, because of a scholarship. Everyone knew I wasn't at the same level as them, economically speaking, and the fact that I was there was like a mystery to them. A lot of people kept an eye on me, suspicious and curious.

The only other people that caught the same attention as me, were a group of 8 boys, really popular at school because they were as handsome as models. Every time they walked through the hallways it was like they were walking on the red carpet. Everyone gave them space and looked at them with awe. They were like gods to the others students, especially to the girls.

After class, I usually always went to the back garden of the university, where there's a big staircase. I usually sat there to enjoy my breaks. That day, as soon as I sat down, I my phone rang and I sighed, looking at the name of the caller.

《Hello》 I answered, monotone

《Well hello to you too》 said my mother 《Since you are still alive you could also waste a couple of minutes from time to time to call home》

《I'm sorry I was busy with school》

《Your sister in busy too but at least she calls us》 replied my mother

I rolled my eyes.

《How is she?》 I asked as an habit, not because I really wanted to know

《She's in Hong Kong right now. Her husband is working with a really important Chinese company at the moment》

《Great》

《And this makes me wonder...》 she said 《How's Ryan?》

I sighed. Of course she's didn't ask about me, but she's still asking about him.

《I don't know》 I replied 《I haven't heard from him in a couple of days. He says he's busy with work》

《You should call him and ask him when he's going to have some free time, so that we can all have dinner together》 my mother said 《I haven't seen my future son-in-law in so long》

I clenched my fist, trying to calm down.

《I'll see what I can do》 I replied

《I'm sure that if you tell him that I want to see him, he will-》

《Sorry mom I have to go》 I cut her off, hanging up the phone

I looked at my phone, wondering if I should call him or not. I shook my head and put it away. If I call him while he is busy he would get angry at me.

I heard people talking and laughing, and I looked up, curious. In all those months I came to sit here, I have only seen a couple of people do the same. I was surprised when I saw the groups of boys come to this side of the school.