Guess Who's Back

Dropping my bag on the metal table I heard Marcus begin to fidget in the chair he was strapped to. "Don't worry old friend, my monster is going to take good care of you".

" London, we can handle this in another way". Marcus begin to try and barter with me.

Spinning swiftly around on my heel, I faced him. Pressing my gloved pointer finger to my chin, I slowly shook my head as I chuckled. "No, I'm afraid handling this your way is no longer in effect. You see, I've given you too much control, I've been playing too nice. I've allowed you to cost me my wife and nearly everything else."

Striding closer to him, I pulled up a chair and took a seat in front of him. "Your playtime is over. I know the truth. I've seen my baby doll and she is very much alive and well. What I can't phantom is why ever she would want to kill me? Tell me Marcus, my dear friend... Why does Laney want me dead? What sick seeds have you planted in her head?"

"You're crazy, fucking delusional. I killed Laney Harper. I fucked her over and over and fucking over then I killed the queen. I killed your wife, your baby doll. I enjoyed watching the life die from her eye's. Do you know how many time's she screamed your name, begged for you to come save her?" Marcus paused to laugh.

" over and over she cried and screamed for you but you failed her. You always failed her. During her last ragged breaths before death she was still calling for you. I was sick of hearing it so I plunged my knife deep into her throat so she'd choke on her own blood and die faster".

Not this time. Nope, Marcus and his vivid lies wouldn't get to me. He wanted to convince me that I was crazy and seeing thing's. He wanted the horror of hearing the thing's he did to Laney to unravel my sainty. Thing is, it's no longer London he is speaking with... It's the monster. The monster who has no heart of feelings.

Removing my knife from the bag, I brought it down with force onto his knee. A howl blew past his lips and I grinned. "That's right brother, scream for me. Feed my monster. Laney is alive and I will have her soon... Very soon. And when I do and we both are back together as one.... The pain we will bestow upon you will be none other than remarkable. You will be my most brutal kill yet and rest assured.... It won't be a quick one."

I left Marcus with those word's and set out for my next destination.... The little boutique my baby doll loved so well. I can't imagine her not having been by there since her return. My hunt starts now.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

                                       Marcus

Sweat dropped from my brow as I fought through the searing pain in my knee left by London. For the first time true fear registered through me. This was the London I once knew. The London when he was young and in his killing prime. The London before Laney entered his life and somewhat tamed him. This London was deadly and capable of mayhem. This would be the London that would kill me for sure.

But more than my fear of dying was the fear of knowing that my plans may never come to fruition. Obviously Cindi did her job by convincing Laney that London had it out for her. London confirmed that when he admitted that Laney was trying to kill him. However if London finds Laney before she can get the job done the games over. London will tell Laney the truth and as always she will be putty in his hands. Laney will believe him, my plan will go all to hell and I will die for nothing.

However there still is hope and that's me but I can't get anything done being tied down in this place. I must escape and reach Laney before London does. Every night a young guard stops by to make his rounds. His name is Charles and I've known him since he was a kid. Naturally he was born into the family by a lower ranking man but I've always been nice to him. Poor kid, he's still so naive and trusting. I'm certain I can lure him close and get out of here. As my mind begin to weave up my escape plan, I visited myself with rubbing the ropes together at my wrists.

By the time Charles came to check upon me I was free yet I remained in the chair as if I was still tied down. "Water, please" . I gurgled.

"You deserve no water for what you did to our queen". The kid spat.

" Please, I've always been kind to you and never believe that. I've been wrongly accused. I'd never harm the queen... I loved her. Your king isn't all he seems to be. He's the guilty one and I'm paying the price. Please, just a sip of water".

The kid eyed me suspiciously but eventually moved toward the sink. Seconds later he held a cup to my lips. Instantly I jumped up and wrapped my arm's around his neck. The crunching of his bones and the odd angle of his neck confirmed that he was dead. Dropping his body to the floor, I smirked. "Mafia rule number one... Trust no one. It could get you killed".

Confiscating the weapons from his corspe, I made my way out through the back hall's and used London's secret tunnel as my route of escape. Hold on baby doll, I'm coming".