chapter two: a vow.

ASL CLASS, SOMEWHERE IN SEOUL.

Jeongin puffed out his cheeks. He looked to the side where Seungmin paid full attention to the ASL teacher. 

Jeongin just thought he had to be the most loved boy in the world.

Seungmin's parents had also taken the ASL class along with his own parents, it was something that warmed Jeongin's heart every time he thought about it.

He wished he could hear himself speak, so he could just speak then read other's lips. He's gotten much better at it.

'Jeongin, good job.' The ASL teacher signs as she gives back the test paper she had marked. Jeongin smiles half-heartedly, knowing well that this will take time.

THE SCHOOL GYM, SOMEWHERE IN SEOUL.

The hard thing about not being the same age as Seungmin was how lonely it was in class. 

Jeongin watched with hesitant eyes as everyone gathered in their own groups, helping one another stretch. He slowly approached a group of boys that were chatting while stretching.

He points a finger to his chest, then towards them, indicating that he wanted to join them.

"Is he- Is he asking to join us?" One of them says, an uncomfortable look plastered on his face. "I think so.. uhh..okay?" the other shows an 'OK' sign with their hand, looking at their group as they all groaned.

Jeongin went home that day with bruises, who knew they would have no shame to throw volleyballs at a deaf kid.

Fourteen year old Jeongin cried himself to sleep that night, vowing to himself to never ever try to make friends ever again.