17 - dark lord satan

Lily pov

I stood in front of my wardrobe, scrutinising every item of clothing I owned. I used to laugh at the misfortune of characters in movies heading out on their first date, how they used to go into crisis mode because they didn't know what to wear. Now I felt empathy for them. It was horrible. Nothing I had matched, or seemed to look good on me. At one point I decided I was going to take everything into the back garden and burn it. But then Becs came in. She looked sort of nervous, not the overly rebellious teen I knew her as. She sat on my bed, making herself comfortable.

"Hey becs." I said, throwing a screwed up pile of clothes back into my wardrobe before I went at them with a pair of scissors.

"Hey, lilz. So I heard you're having clothing trouble?" She raised her eyebrow, the question having a double meaning.

"Yes, I am. Think you could work some of that black magic of yours and get me some clothes that actually look good? Or at least halfway decent?" I joked, and she laughed. Good old Becs to the rescue.

"Give me a second." she rose from the bed and was out the door. In a few minutes she reappeared with a pair of denim shorts, and a white baggy t-shirt.

"Not the warmest clothes, but they look super cute together." She smiled, placing them out on my bed. I smiled too.

"Surprisingly, none of them are black." I winked at her. She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"I'm not the dark lord Satan. I do own colourful clothing. I just choose not to wear it in public." I laughed, and then hugged her. She was the bestest person in the world sometimes. Then she winced, moving back. She tried to cover it up with a chuckle, but it wasn't working. Like a good, yet stupid, sister, I ignored it completely and she walked out of my room. I decided to focus on my date tonight, namely how I was going to pull this off.