12 - I wanted to

Paige pov

I blocked out the blinding white light. To my surprise, as I sat up, I realised there was no light. Except the sunlight streaming through the curtains of the unfamiliar room. I was on the carpeted floor, holding my head. It felt like somebody was banging on the inside of my skull, begging for escape. I looked around, and found her beside me. Our legs were tangled up, and her arms looked as if she'd been hugging me all night, but she was still breathing. I tried to remember last night when suddenly I felt her move.

Lily sat up, and looked at me, her expression masking mine.

"What happened last night?" She asked, and I held up an empty bottle from the pile.

"I think this answers your question." We both laughed, and she frowned as she thought really hard.

"I'm trying to remember what happens, but all I remember is that you...." She stopped, her eyes went wide and she stared at me. I knew what she was going to say.

"Kissed you. I kissed you. And you kissed me." I looked at her, making eye contact.

"It was a drunken kiss, right?" She looked down, and I swear I could see disappointment. I decided to do something stupid.

"It's not only when I'm drunk that I do stupid things." I said, leaning over and planting my lips to hers again. There was a faint taste of alcohol, but other than that it was sweet. What surprised me was that she kissed me back.

"So...now what?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Beats me. Wanna go get something to eat?" I asked, and her stomach growled in response.

"I'm guessing so." She laughed, and we stood up. One look at her clock told me it was sometime in the afternoon, and I'd successfully skipped school...again.

I took out my phone. Dan had texted me, telling me that I was turning into a rebellious bitch, and Aunt Helen texted me to tell me that dinner would be ready for 5 o'clock. Which meant I had about 4 and a half hours.

Lily was totally cool about it all, not even mentioning the kisses. I don't know what she thought, but I knew she had kissed me back. I was trying to figure out what I thought of it all, and why I had done it when she stopped watching the TV to look at me.

"So..." She began, then looked uneasy, as if she didn't want to continue.

"So..." I replied, not knowing what to say myself.

"Are you like....bi?" She asked, then blushed red from the embarrassment of asking.

"Maybe. I don't know. What about you?" I wondered about it.

"Yes. I came out to my mother and sister last year. Of course I haven't told anybody else, because they're all judgemental." She sighed, then began awkwardly playing with her nails. I leaned over and hugged her. I didn't know what I was doing, but she rested her head on my shoulder and we sort of fitted together. She was like the other piece to a jigsaw puzzle.

We spent the rest of the afternoon laid on her bed, listening to music that was playing softly and talking about things. It was a great way to spend the time, and she gradually shifted closer to me. It was only a little at a time, but my senses were on red alert, and I recognised every time she sat up, or repositioned herself so she was closer to me. In fact, I felt myself moving closer to her without realising it. At quarter to five, she pulled on her shoes and a jacket.

"What are you doing?" I asked, tying my own laces.

"Walking you home, silly." She smiled, and then looked at me.

"You need a jacket." She immediately went and brought me back a hooded jacket, and wouldn't take no for an answer. I pulled it on, and we began the short walk to my house.

At the door, I turned to say goodbye, but was shocked when her lips pressed against mine. She then broke off.

"Sorry. I wanted to." She admitted, shrugging. I laughed, and leaned in to quickly peck her lips.

"I wanted to as well. I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." I smiled just thinking about it. She nodded, and I waited by the door until she was out of sight.