thank you

If I had know the last time I held your hand would be the last time, I would have held it tighter.

If I had known our last kiss would be our last, I would have kissed you longer.

If I had known the last time I laid with you would be the last, I would have tried to make it last forever.

If I had known our last hug would be our last, I would have held onto you like you were my lifeline.

I want to scream and cry and beg for you to take me back. I want to fall to my knees and plead for us to work things out because I'm so in love with you. 

But because I love you I know I can't do that to you. I know there's nothing left to fix. The damage has been done. I know you were unhappy for a while.  We fell apart a long time before the final blow.

I can't stop thinking about every single time you made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have you. I wish I could forget all the times we were happy. But I know I really don't.

Even though you never really fell in love with me, I'm so grateful to have had the chance to fall in love with you.

Thank you for giving me feelings I never even knew existed before you.

Thank you for making me feel like I actually meant something to you.

Thank you for being my first kiss, my first boyfriend, my first love.

Thank you for helping grow to be a better person.

As much as it hurts right now, as much as I say I wish I never met you... I'm so lucky to have been able to experience all of this with you.

If I had the choice to forget you, to redo everything that happened, I wouldn't trade you for the world. A part of me will always love you.

Because I love you I now know it's time to let you go.

So thank you. For everything.