"You've already became a mother figure in my life. My own mother doesn't believe in me, but you do. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law, Amma," I say.

"I'm sorry for what my son did," Aunty apologizes. "When I first heard about the news, I knew that you wouldn't do that. I asked Ishaan and he told me the truth and I was so upset with him. That was not what I taught him."

"Aunty, please don't apologize," I tell her. "This isn't your fault."

"Thanks, Naina." She strokes my hair. "But I am proud that he is owning up to his actions."

I frown at what she has to say, but still nod.

"I know that what he has done is wrong but I hope you can forgive him one day," Aunty says.

"I don't know if that's possible, Aunty," I tell her, truthfully. "He was my best friend and he spread lies about me. That's why it hurt so much. That someone I trusted backstabbed me."

"I know, I understand." Aunty smiles at me sadly.

•    •    •    •    •

"I'm so glad that we are becoming relatives, Geetha," Amma gushes as she hands over the shagun that the groom's side brought to Ma.

Shagun was something that the bride and groom's families have each other to establish that the bride and the groom are going to get married. It was like a low-key engagement ceremony.

"I know. Best friends turn into relatives," Ma says, excitedly as she takes the shagun and gives our shagun to Amma.

Ma and Papa were over the moon ever since Ishaan said he would marry me. I only agreed to marry Ishaan for their happiness. I couldn't stand to see them upset and tensed over my future.

"Do you want to drink some tea?" Ma questions the guests.

"I definitely want to drink some tea. But, I want to drink the tea that my future daughter makes." Aunty winks at me.

"Of course, Amma. I'll go make some right now," I tell her as I get up from the sofa to go make some tea.

"Amma?" Ma questions Amma.

"I told her to call me that. She is my daughter, so I thought it would be appropriate," Amma explains as I head to the kitchen.

I get out a huge pot for the tea and pour some water in. I turn on the stove and let the water boil as I reach for the tea powder.

The tea powder is in the top shelf and I couldn't reach it. I stand up in my toes and stretch myself to get the tea powder.

A hand beside me reaches above me and hands me the tea powder. "Here you go."

I was about to thank the person but then stopped myself when I saw who it was. "What are you doing here?"

"Amma and Aunty told me that I should help you in the kitchen," Ishaan tells me and I glare at him.

"I don't need your help," I snap at him.

Ishaan sighs but still stays in the kitchen. He leans in the kitchen counter as I get the milk out to pour unto the pot. I mix the tea with a spoon and add some sugar in.

I feel a gaze on me and I look to see Ishaan staring at me, intensely. I can't concentrate when Ishaan is looking at me. "What are you looking at?"

"You," Ishaan says and I blush at his comment. But then I glare at him. "Your beautiful in this dress."

"I don't get what you are going to achieve by getting me to marry you," I say.

"I don't want to achieve anything." Ishaan sighs.

"I hate you and I don't want to get married to you," I tell him. "I'm stuck in this marriage because of my parents."

"I know, but this is my way of apologizing to you, Naina. I want to fix my mistakes and this is the only way I can do so."

I shoot him a glare. "You could've just left me alone." I turn off the stove and pour the tea into multiple cups.

"I couldn't just leave it alone," Ishaan says, frustratedly. He combs his hair with his fingers.

"Why?" I question.

"Because....because I lo-."

"It doesn't even matter anymore," I interrupt him.

I take the tray with the tea cups and leave to serve the guests.

I'm sorry this is such a short and crappy chapter. I will do better the next chapter but I won't be updating for another week cause I have summer assignments to do. Comment. Vote.