21.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

After my argument with Rohit, I decided that I needed to go home. I needed to talk to Ishaan and tell him about my feelings.

However, first I need to tell Ishaan about what happened between Rohit and I. If we were going to start having a normal husband-wife relationship, I wanted it to start out without any lies. I want to be completely honest with him. I just hope he doesn't get too upset at me.

When I arrived at my apartment, it was roughly around 8 am. It was safe to say I was exhausted. I get my keys to the apartment out of my bag and open the door. I pull the luggage in after me.

When I look up in front of me, I see Ishaan and I freeze. He has a long sleeved button-up shirt and was wearing his office pants. He was leaving for work already.

"Hey," I greet him. It was awkward between us because I hadn't exactly left on good terms with him.

"Hey," Ishaan greets back. "I thought you weren't coming back till tomorrow evening."

I give him a small smile. "They didn't need me on the conference anymore so I came back home," I lie.

Ishaan nods his head. "Look, I have to go to work now."

"Yeah, of course." I push back my hair behind my ear in nervousness.

Ishaan gathers his office bag and keys and starts to head out the door.

"Ishaan?" I call out to him.

"Yea?" Ishaan questions.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. So can we talk tonight?" I ask. I was going to tell Ishaan everything. How I had feelings for him since I was younger to how Rohit kissed me last night. I wanted to be completely transparent.

"Yeah," Ishaan nods his head. "I'll make sure I come home an hour early today."

I shoot Ishaan a smile. "Thank you."

• • • • •

When Ishaan left, I took a good 6-hour nap and I was completely refreshed to talk to Ishaan tonight. I couldn't help but be nervous about what was going to happen. I just hope he wouldn't be too upset with me.

My phone rings and I accept it without looking at who the caller was. "Hello?"

"I can't believe you just left like that, Naina," someone barks at the other end of the call. I knew immediately who it was. It was Rohit.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. I didn't want to worry him but I just wouldn't feel comfortable with spending anymore time with Rohit at the conference.

"I was expecting you to be there at the presentation to support me. I looked for you after I was done and you weren't there. You just left without a word!" Rohit yells.