FORTY SIX

"Azkaban"

January 1982, 3 months later

"My  treasure." Serenity sneered through the bars of the cage. Hate festers in the cells of the Ministry of Magic, and she was no exception to the other death eaters awaiting trial. The image of Lucius and Narcissa being together had been with her throughout her three month waiting time. She figured their son was conceived around the same time she lost Merritt and Julia. In fact, she accepted the conclusion that it happened on New Year's Eve in order to fuel her anger.

Serenity was not one to hold grudges... at least she never used to, but a constant reminder nagged at the back of her mind and it was driving her insane. I'm happy for them.

Lucius's steely gaze faltered when he met her eyes. What he wouldn't tell Narcissa, who had her hand wrapped around his, is that he had the pendant he gave Serenity in the internal pocket of his blazer. The lump of the treasure chest pressed against his chest, pressing against his chest. The discomfort on his chest distracted from the chill of Narcissa's wedding ring. A ring his father had given her after the two had signed the papers. Their marriage completed a pact their parents had made, that one of the Black daughters would marry into the Malfoy family.

Yet when he looked at Serenity, he could see the way her top sat on her stomach. When she turned, it caught on her stomach where she had grown since he last saw her. His train of thought faltered and his mouth fell open.

"Miss Rier." Dumbledore drew the room's attention back to him and scowled. "The accusations against you are serious. We have not yet discussed the more serious accusation that you have played a much larger role in building the Dark Lord's following by means of the imperius curse."

"What..." Her eyes widened and she looked up at Christian. His frown deepened, having no knowledge of this. He opens his mouth to question Dumbledore, but the Chief Warlock raised his hand and continued speaking.

"On the night of Tom Riddle's demise, Mr and Mrs Malfoy were arrested and revealed, upon questioning, that their involvement in the dark activities were a result of being under the imperius curse by none other than you. How do you plead?" Serenity shook her head, looking to her father for help.

"I- I didn't! I wouldn't! I had no contact with Narcissa for two years and before that it was rare, I was always with... with..." Dumbledore leaned forward along with the rest of the court.

"With Mr Malfoy, yes?" Spinning to look back at the two of them again, she gaped. Narcissa raised her chin as crocodile tears on her cheeks as she held Lucius's hand, so he couldn't remove it from her shoulder. Shaking her head, Serenity found tears coming to her own eyes- she was hopeless, helpless and trapped. She was a caged animal being put down for protecting herself. I'm happy for them.

"It's a lie!" She cried, hoping Lucius would meet her eyes again. "Tell them, Lucius!" He flinched when her voice cracked. It was nearly impossible to make out his actions, he bit his cheek and his knuckles turned white as he gripped his cane harder.

"Serenity Rier, if you have nothing more to add," Dumbledore shifted in his seat and watched as she circled the cage frantically.

"No! It's a lie," she looked back at the man she loves, loved, "Lucius, tell them, Lucius!"

"The court has ruled you guilty of using the Imperius curse on Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, for this you will serve a life sentence in Azkaban." As the cage door opened, she cowered against the far side of the cage. She began to scream as the aurors grabbed hold of her. While she tried to stand her ground, she was twisting and writhing to see Lucius or her father.

"No! Dad, please! Lucius, tell them." She was lifted off the ground and she kicked out. "No, I didn't do it, please!" Her voice faded as she was carried from the room. She knew that, for what it's worth, using her magic would result in something worse than wrongfully being imprisoned. Yet, she still fought the aurors. Her innocence urged her to fight meanwhile her guilt for the deaths of Juliet and Chadwick told her she was going where she deserved to be going. She craned her head to look back into the room, catching one last glimpse of Lucius before turning a corner.

Narcissa reached up and pressed a kiss to his cheek. I'm happy for them.

 I'm happy for them

A/N

I would like to note that this continues from chapter one :)