A few minutes passed until another set of footsteps neared them. Her mate stood above her abruptly, leaving her sprawled on the ground. She felt bare once she'd been unwrapped from the dress, leaving her fur for all to see. She scurried behind one of her mate's large, thick paws. While it didn't hide her completely from view, her whole body wasn't seen by the approaching male.

"Lev!" Someone shouted and the footsteps became hurried. Lilia peeked her head around her mate's legs to see a tall, slim man standing in front of them. She rushed to hide again as her mate bowed his front to the ground. What was happening? Was this where he lived? The front of his body rose back off of the ground and she scurried back to her hiding spot.

Lev?

"I smell another being with you, Lev. Bring them out," the Mann commanded. His voice was rough and demanding, two things that were the complete opposite of Lilia. She shivered.

Her mate seemed to be going through an internal battle, growling first before lifting his paw away from her hiding spot. She yelped and scurried behind his other paw to hide, but he lifted that one a second later. She felt helpless.

"A pup? Why do you have a pup with you, Lev?" Who had a pup? Who was Lev? "Grab the pup, Oscar," the man commanded. One of the larger wolves made his way towards them but stopped at the sound of her mate's growl.

Was she the pup? Why were they coming after her?

What was this place?

"Lev, stand down!" The man commanded. Lev snarled at him. The man gave Lev, then Lilia a confused glance. A few moments later it looked like he'd solved whatever problem he had and took a step back.

"Oscar, back up until you reach me. Don't even look at them," the strange man said, "and shift back once you are behind me." Oscar followed his orders until he shifted into a nude man about twenty feet away. She whimpered and covered her eyes. Lev quietly moved his paw back in front of her and softly growled as a warning to the two men in front of them.

"Oscar, run as fast as you can to the Beta's main room, and tell him...tell him Lev is back and he's found his mate." Oscar gasped and turned immediately. Lev didn't miss the look of fear on his face before he began to run away. What was a mate?

Lilia whimpered from behind his paw. She was scared of this man that somehow had control over her mate. Was he Lev's Alpha? He sounded so mean.

"Lev, drop her off in your den then come meet me in room twenty two. Do it quickly," he ordered Lev. Her mate picked her up by the nape of her neck and jogged past the man. Lilia tried to keep her eyes clenched shut, but they unconsciously opened and she made eye contact with the strange man as they passed him.

She then deemed him evil in her mind.

They walked into the large compound, tasing many guards both human and wolf. The humans held the largest guns she'd ever seen, and the wolves had so much muscle she didn't even know it was possible.

Nobody looked at them as they entered. She wondered just how much power her mate had when it came to his home.

The compound was full of rooms with grass flooring and when she glanced into each room, all she saw was several caves or large hills with large holes dug out of them and wolves sleeping in them. She only grew more confused. What exactly was this place?

Lev led her into one of the many archways of the compound and into a large cave. Every time she thought the cave would end, a new pathway would appear. The other caves and hills she'd seen were just large enough for the wolf to fit in, but Lev's seemed to go on forever.

He finally stopped near at the back corner of the cave and gently set her down. They'd left her dress outside the border of the compound, and the cave had the same temperature as the caves they'd hidden in on the way to his pack.

This was strange land, and it was full of strange people. Lev nuzzled her stomach before stepping backwards and turning around to leave. She shouldn't tell him she was cold. He would be late to meet that scary man if he turned around, so he doesn't need to know.

She'll get through it. She could do this.

Lilia didn't account for just how long he would be gone. She was sure it was dark outside by now, because it felt like he'd been gone for about four hours. Her body started shaking on the first hour, uncontrollable whimpering started during the second hour, and she didn't really remember the third hour.

Her eyesight was getting fuzzy was the only thing she really knew. The ground in front of her was blurry, and she was kicking herself mentally for being like this.

Why couldn't she be like a normal wolf? She could die staying here like this because she was a weak wolf that couldn't be one her own. She felt ashamed of herself and began to wish she was back with her old Alpha rather than dying right here.

She blinked in surprise when she felt something nuzzle under her neck and a loud noise through her left ear. Her body was numb...how could she feel this person's touch? She was tired—really tired.

She shouldn't have done this. She made a mistake.

Lilia wants to go back to her mom, aunt, and her home.

She wants to go back to being safe.

********

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you thought.

Next chapter shouldn't take as long.