ONE

The outside of the club was surrounded by many different kinds of people, from those who were here to forget a breakup, to those who found themselves addicted to the feeling of strangers eyes watching their every move. In all of the chaos stood a strawberry blonde, complaining to her very mundane friends how much she didn't want to be there.

"Why couldn't we just have a games night?" She moaned at the group of three, eyes pleading with them to simply just turn around, go home and play a game of monopoly.

"Because," The short brunette began, her sickly smirk already slapped across her face before she had even spoken. "You always win, and we're tired of your silly math-wired brain outsmarting us every single time."

Adelaide scoffed. Though she knew that her reasoning really was unbeatable.

"Okay, but we could have-"

"Enough babe, we're going clubbing and you are going to dance and let yourself have fun for once, okay?" Jared interrupted, snapping his fingers in the stereotypical gay way, knowing it would cheer up the girl and let the rest of them coax her into enjoying the night they had planned.

The strawberry blonde smiled, before huffing a 'fine' as she followed the two brunette's in front of her. "You're going to love it," Jared's blonde hair tickled her ear as he spoke, "I promise.". Her eyes wandered around the club as they entered, forgetting to take a look at the name, but trusting that if her friends were finally dragging her out of the house, it would be to at least a good club.

Inside was no different to outside, with crowds of people dancing along to loud remixes of popular songs, alcoholic drinks in their hand as they swayed to the beats. She could already see her feisty friend Jessica grabbing onto her girlfriend's hand so she could drag the two of them into the crowded space for a dance.

Jared led the two of them straight over to the bar, ordering two drinks for them. In that moment Adelaide was glad for her choice of outfit, as the cleavage that she showed easily persuaded the bartender into not thinking twice about her age. Once her chosen drink of whiskey was handed to her, she smiled sweetly at the attractive bartender before walking off, Jared's hand in her own.

"Never understand how you can drink that." He commented absentmindedly as they watched over their friends.

"What?" She questioned with a small smile. "Whiskey?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Yes the whiskey, that's a drink for old men in their fifties, you should be drinking something else." He scoffed.

"What like fruity cocktails?" She smirked at the male.

"Oh shut up, they're much better than the shit you drink." He defended with a smile, he knew she was joking, they had this exact conversation every time they went out.

The two stood for a while, slowly drinking their alcohol beverages as they shared stupid drinks. Every time she did go out with her friends this is usually how it went, Adelaide stood to the side watching over Jessica and Lotty, whilst Jared kept her company until some guy caught his attention.

It didn't take any longer than a few minutes before a blue haired male was swooping Jared away from her, but she didn't mind. She liked watching over her friends rather than joining in with the dancing, this way she could watch their drinks and the people around them in case anything happened.