3. Have You Moved On?

Start from the beginning

No. Not gonna happen.

We're happy you're back, Leah. Sam echoed to them. Get back to the rez. We have to talk.

Leah snarled at the command but followed nonetheless. Bella could see images of Seth and the Clearwater's in Leah's mind and knew she was excited to see her family. Sam drifted through Leah's mind, along with a profound sadness that hurt Bella down to her soul. Leah looked sideways at Bella, who was jogging beside her. I don't think you'll have a choice.

There's always a choice. Leah's ice blue eyes locked with Bella's, and Bella could see the depth of sadness there, accompanied by doubt.

They continued in silence until they met the boys. The girls shifted, hastily dressing. Seth met his sister first, wrapping his arms around her. He was finally taller than her, and he crushed her in his grip. "I am so happy you're back. You can't do that to me again. Mom and dad were so worried."

"I know kid, I know. I needed time. It was all too much." Seth nodded. He put an arm on Leah's shoulder, and she put her Arm on his opposite shoulder. They looked each other in the eye. "I missed you, kiddo."

"Kiddo!" Seth's voice cracked, and all the wolves laughed as he turned a deeper tan.

"Come guys. We need to call the council." Sam headed towards Billy's house. "They need to know what's happened." Bella looked worried. "It's okay. They can't do anything about it."

The pack quietly made their way to Billy Black's. He looked at them curiously. "Hey guys, what's going-" He froze as Leah entered the house. "Leah! I'll call the council. They'll be so happy to see you're home." Leah leaned down to hug him in his wheelchair.

"I'm so happy to see you, Billy."

He beamed. "I'll call everyone in. They need to know you're home."

When everyone arrived, Harry could not contain himself. He gasped in shock. Leah wrapped her arms around her father, "Daddy, I'm so sorry." Everyone averted their eyes. "I didn't mean to hurt you guys. I just needed time."

"Shhh, honey, it's alright. It's not important. All that matters is you're here now." Harry put his face on his daughter's head, reveling in her presence. He had been so worried. Some nights his wife sat in the kitchen and cried over their missing child. They knew that their children were in for a difficult time when they shifted, but neither of them had anticipated one of them disappearing. Harry and Leah stood like that for a moment longer.

Sam interrupted the moment, an embarrassed look on his face. "We're all very pleased our pack is whole again, but that isn't what this meeting is for."

"It's not?" Billy asked as the elders and pack members took their seats on the logs around the empty fire pit. "Then what is?"

"As is required, we must make you aware of an Imprint."

The men looked delighted. "Who is it?" He asked happily, his hand never leaving Leah's.

Bella grimaced as Sam looked at her. All the men looked at the lightest member of the group. Bella was accepted as an honorary tribe member, but they still looked surprised. "Bella?" Billy asked confused. She nodded. "That's never happened in history."

The elders looked between themselves. An adopted shifter was not unheard of. Part of the wolf survival required turning those with no Native blood. Native members of the pack had been imprinting since shifting had been ingrained in their bloodline. However, never before had an adopted shifter imprinted. The silence echoed loudly. Bella wished there was a fire going, so there would be some sound. She'd never heard a silence quite this loud. She looked out toward the water, refusing to meet the eyes of anyone around her.