~15~

ETHAN P.O.V

-r: hey! wanna hang out later today?
_delivered 6:07 pm

I slam my phone on my bed out of frustration. Why am I so stupid? Why did I believe any action she did, or a word she said? She's that bitch that breaks everyone's hearts, it was all part of her act. Why did I think I was anything special? Does she still think I believe her?

I try to get the thoughts out of my head as I attempted to focus on the task ahead of me. Numbers swam across my page but yet they refused to enter my brain. I suddenly forgot what Math meant. Simply studying for the very test I was meant to be tutoring her for reminded me of her.

I hope she fails the test so I can tutor her again.

No, Ethan. Don't think like that. Let's hope she passes so that you won't have to talk to her again.

But I really want to see her.

I slam my fist on my desk. I hate feeling like this for someone who doesn't appreciate me.

Forcing myself to focus on my copybook doesn't really work judging from the fact that I have not turned the page for 3 hours.

My phone ringing startles me and breaks my trance.

A gentle get frantic voice enters my ear from the other end.

"Hello. Is this Ethan?"

"Um- y-yes. Yes it is. Is there something wrong?" I haven't spoken for a couple of hours, so my voice comes out croaky.

"Yes, sir. I am afraid so. Do you happen to know anyone by the name of Rebecca?"

The mention of her name sets off panic alarms in my head along with angry ones. I think about lying and saying that I don't know her, but I figured they have proof of my knowledge of her existence, or else they would not be calling me.

"Yes, I do. What about her?"

"I am sorry to inform you that she has been placed in the Critical Condition Ward as she has been the center of a terrible car accident. She was hit by what we believe to be a drunk driver. We have been informed that she has no relatives who are alive and you happen to be the last person she messaged so we have no choice but to call you over here. Would you like to visit her?"

The mention of Rebecca and car accident in the same sentence sends shivers down my spine. Is she okay? Will she die? Can I help in anything whatsoever? I begin to breath heavily as the panic sets in and I grab my hair, trying to calm myself down.

"Sir? Are you there?"

I forget she is still on the call. I clear my throat, preparing myself to speak once more.

"Yes, I'll be right there. What hospital?"

"Twin Lakes Hospital. Please be quick,"

I end the call as I type the name into my GPS while putting my shoes on simultaneously.

I think about ignoring the request, but my conscience won't let me do so.

I grab my car keys as a scurry out of the door and into my car.

"Hey, where you going?" My drunk dad slurs as he stands by the doorway.

I ignore him and hurry off, silently pleading that she will be okay.

REBECCA P.O.V

I drift in and out of consciousness. First, many people are standing over my slumped body, second, I am surrounded my bright lights and many people wearing surgical masks. Then I am being undressed and placed in what I assume to be surgery attire. I wonder if I'll make it out of this dreaded hospital alive. I can barely think straight, throbbing pain is everywhere and I feel like I lost the ability to think. I wonder if whoever hit me injured any vital organs. I do hope so. My biggest wish is to be wiped off of the face of this planet.

My eyes are slightly open as a mask is placed onto my mouth.

"Don't worry, miss. This is just anesthesia, you won't feel a thing,"

I begin to feel fear erupt from my stomach. What if I don't make it out alive? Will anything happen? Why am I feeling like this? I want to die, not live.

My thoughts seemed to be altered as I finally realized why I feel fear. I think of Ethan's beautiful face, one I may never see again, as I drift into deep sleep.

ETHAN P.O.V

My car doesn't come to a full stop but I'm already stepping out.

"Rebecca? I'm looking for a Rebecca?" Do you know a Rebecca?" I frantically shout at the nurses.

One walks up to me.

"Rebecca is currently in surgery. You may wait for the surgery to be concluded right here," she says as she points at a chair with one hand, the other resting on my right shoulder.

I try to collect myself as I take a seat. All eyes are on me, but I don't care. I just want to make sure she's okay. She has to be. She can't leave me like this.

I wait for a few hours but she is still in surgery, at this point, I have bitten all of my nails off and my phone battery is dead. I don't know what to do anymore. What if she doesn't make it out alive? What do I do now?

I try to fall asleep, I'm thinking I could get a few hours of sleep before she hopefully gets out, but for the life of me, I can't drift off, no matter how tired I am. The image of her bloody, lifeless body will not leave my mind no matter how hard I try.

I close my eyes without opening them for about an hour, hoping that I'll trick my brain into thinking my body is asleep. I drift off with the thought of us reuniting, and a faint smile on my face.
-

Hey, loves! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It is about 1000 words, I'll make my target 1200 next time.

What do you think will happen next? Do you want to keep on reading?

I want to give a shoutout to my dear friend and writer darkhxrry. She writes Harry Styles fanfiction and she is currently writing her first story, named The Fear Games. The introduction has already been published! I personally think it is a great story and definitely worth your time, judging by how well the introduction turned out. Definitely go over there and shower her with love, she deserves it.

That's all for now, see you in a bit!

P.S: please excuse any typos, lol.