Chapter Two: Meeting the Infamous Demon...

I get to my first class which is History class. I'm pretty good in school. I mean, I have to be or else my parents will kill me if I start acting up in school. See, my "family" lives under the public eye at my school. Apparantly, a long time ago he used to be the headmaster of the school before they adopted me. So, you can just imagine the kind of popularity my parents get because of it. But what I don't understand is how we always go to a school seminar, always giving speeches about doing whats right and succeeding in life as well as school. My parents get a thrill out of this and the press and the school seem to thrive and get a thrill out of it too.

I sit in my chair, open my textbook and start taking my notes. After I finished I suddenly felt my eyelids slowly start to close, I fell asleep.

I just stared, bewildered. The figure moved closer and closer. I know he could hear my heart racing out of my chest. I felt like I needed to help him because something about him was evil. I know it is. I can see it like a giant cloak all over his body but he didn't say anything. He just stood there. Waiting. His pout soon turned into a smile and he seemed happy but I never did anything all he did wa-

Riiiinnnnnnnng. I woke up startled. Class ended. I quickly put my books in bag and walked to my next class. The day went on but I just couldn't seem to shake that dream out of my head. He seemed so real. Like as if I'm going to see him. This made me worry more than anything. I didn't really pay attention in any classes because the thoughts of the boy in my dream were kind of weird. It made me panicky and a little paranoid. When the driver came up, I got in with my sibling and sat in the middle, listening to my iPod, trying to think not to think about the dream and calm myself down.

I got inside my house and quickly ran into my room and sat on my bed, trying to think of the dream from the one that kept coming to me and the one I had earlier today. I ate my dinner and went back upstais to get ready for bed. Both eager and reluctant to go to sleep to find out about my dream...Sleep came easy, as it almost always did. The soft Egyptian cotton red coloured blankets comforting as sleep settled in. Darkness arrived as the dream came back. In the shadows laid the figure of the man I had seen in my dreams many times before. He stepped closer to me, reaching out his hand to take my face within it. I backed up until I hit a wall and couldn't back up anymore. The man had sincere beautiful, dazzling blue eyes with his deepest desire written on the surface. Help me. I arched my head back, trying to further the distance of my head from his hand... "No, don't touch me!" I cried. My eyes opened and I found myself back in my room. My hands holding the red Egyptian cotton blankets in a death grip as I gasped for air. Damn I wanted to know more about him, but that was just freaky. Like some scene from a horror movie. Looking around my room I started to let the grip on my blankets loosen until I saw the figure from my dreams beside my bedroom window. Illuminated by moonlight as he stood there like a stalker. This time he didn't come towards me, he stayed where he was as if he was chained down. But his eyes still screamed the same message, help me. "Um...what's your name?" I asked, unconsciously clutching my blankets again. "Hayden." I think my heart skipped as his voice came out, it was surprisingly normal and deep. As if he was a mature older man. I wish I could get a better look at him. "Well Hayden, what do you want from me?" I asked, slowly throwing off my blankets and turning to my bedside table to turn on the light. "Help." Could he not say more than one word at a time? God he was creepy. Getting the light on finally I turned to look at him now, the darkness still crept around the window. Well damnit couldn't this light reach farther? "Help with what? Could you be more specific?" I asked as I moved towards him, while looking for a flashlight or something to shine upon him. "To help me become human again, get rid of what possesses me." My eyebrows furrowed together as confusion settled in. "What are you, a vampire or something? Those things aren't real you know? So if this is some kind of sick joke...I'm going to be fairly mad." I stated as I finally found a candle and lighter. Why did I have these things in my room again? It was the twenty first century, you'd expect flashlights, not candles with their little candle holders. Reaching my hand down into the glass I set flame to the candle and held it up. I could see the man a little bit better now; he didn't look like a vampire. "No I am a Satanic demon. And why yes they do exist, just hide very well." My mind stumbled on that one, what the hell was a Satanic demon? On the other hand he finally said more than one word. "And that's like what?" I needed answers before I helped this dude, wait scratch that, before I decided whether I would help this dude or not. And who knew, vampires were real. "A demon." Well that helped. Sighing I was just about near him. "Okay I'll help you. So let's think of what kind of methods. Exrosisms?" I said, yeah I had decided to help him. Well actually I think I had decided that before I had even met him. "I-I saw it on supernatural once. Very painful stuff." I stopped walking for a second, trying to hold back the reflex to laugh at his remark. That was just a show! With very hot actors may I add... "Um Demon circles? Spells?" I asked, I could almost see his face now. "No, no, no. All very dark and hurtful stuff." I bit my lip in frustration. "Well that's all I can think of!" Hayden shrunk back. Oh so he could move. Finally I was near enough to him and held up the candle to his face. I was only able to catch a glimpse of him before he disappeared, and what a beautiful glimpse it was. Black glasses, pale white skin like mine, disheveled golden brown hair...although with those glasses and outfit he looked like a nerd. "Um Hayden?" I called out. But no reply came, he had gone. Great. How annoying was he, coming for my help and then refusing all of my ideas and then disappearing! If one thing was sure, the next time I saw him. I was forcing an answer out of him.