Forever Mine

Requested by thebatcats

You are Evie's twin sister(you still look like you)
*soulmate au
*you only discover who your soulmate is when you learn there is a posibility of never getting the chance to fall in love with them,you get bits and pieces of what your future life could have looked like

You were speechless,after everything you had been through,how much you grew and changed for the better,Mal wanted to close the border and rob the chance at a normal life from all the other kids on the Isle.

Mal was explaining the reasoning behind her choice and you wanted too butt in to give her a piece of your mind in a condescending tone.Evie and Mal's voices became nothing more than background noise right at this time.

Your breath was shallow and your head began to spin,you took a step back losing the feeling in your left leg and crumbling to the ground.

Carlos and Jay were by your side in an instant and Evie gave Mal one more dirty look before spinning on her heels and crouching beside you.

"(Y/n) please,what's wrong?"she shook your shoulder gently.

You saw flashes of blue light,a beautifull home.A (y/h/c) little girl with blue eyes running in a field not to far from Aurodon Prep.The image changed before you could examine her features,to you sitting on the couch reading a book before you heard a voice.

"I'm home!"you get up and only catch a glimpse of none other than the god of the underworld.

You jolt up pushing as much air in your lungs as possible.Evie embraces you squizing you tightly with an iron grip.

"What happened?"she asked frantically.

You opened your mouth to formulate a response,but thunder roared and pink dust engoulfed you turning the five of you to stone.

You were sitting with Mal and the others looking at Audrey's sleeping form.You felt bad for her,the scepter took over her judgement and even though she did seek it out she didn't deserve to be stuck in an eternal sleep.

"There's only one person who could reverse this."Mal whispered.

"He would never do it."Ben muttered,sighing into his palm.

Mal looked up at Ben and then towards the rest of you.

"Actually,he might do it for me,he's my father."a shocked look crossed your features and you got up exiting the room,Evie hot on your heels.

As soon as you were in the hallway and the door was closed behind you she opened her mouth to speak,but you didn't let her.

"When I passed out,I saw Hades and I,it seemed like we were toghether,I don't know what to make of it Ev.I'm so confused."she just looked at you,her mouth agape.

"(Y/nn),I've never told anyone this,when our parents wanted us to bring down the barrier I saw flashes of what might've been my future life...with Doug."it was your turn to just stand there trying to process anything that was happening anymore.

She noticed your state and continued "I think it might've meant we were soulmates and that would make you and Hades..."

"No it can't be!"you exclaimed,your body going numb at the mere thought.

"The heart doesn't lie."you sighed.

"I need some time to think."you declared and left without another word.

You and the other Vk's were sitting in the garden,waiting for Hades to arrive and hopefully wake up Audrey.You hadn't said a word about your conversation with Evie to any of the others.

You turned your head when you heard the shuffling of chains,catching a glipse of a fiery blue Mohawk in between aurodon guards.

You continued to stare him up and down,your heartbeat quickening with each passing minute.He noticed you out of the corner of his eye flashing you smirk and stopping.You immediately noticed the guards tense up at his sides.

"Don't you know it's rude to stare?"he chuckled and you felt as though your heart was doing jumping jacks.

You looked down and away,shrinking under his gaze.Jay sensed your discomfort and immediatly stood up between you and Hades.

"Are we going to have a problem?"he growled.Hades raised his arms defensively in the air making the chains crackle.

"I couldn't give you any trouble if I wanted to."he pointed out,before the guards continued to escort him away and into the building.

"Jay you didn't have to do that."you pointed out and Jay huffed sitting back down at your side.

"I know."he murmured.

After Mal announced that following Hades's actions the barrier would be coming down all of you were ecstatic.

The celebration was still going on now indoors,following you running across the bridge to greet everyone that was coming across.

You were sitting with Evie and Doug when you noticed Mal and Ben enter the room along with Mal's dad.The corners of your mouth quircked up at Ben's disstressed look,yep good luck earning his respect you thought and bit into a strawberry.You noticed Evie nudge her head in Hades's general direction,not so subtly and you threw her an exasperated look.She mouthed a go on and I gave in standing up sheepily.

He was standing alone and he didn't notice you approaching,until you cleared your throat and he turned to you the same smug look he always seemed to wear plasterned on his face.
"To what do I owe the pleasure?"he purred.
"I think we got off on the wrong foot"you stammered,finding it difficult to maintain eye contact.

"On the contrary"he stated,you raised a brow in confusion"I quite enjoy getting pretty women's attention."

"Ow..I.."you blushed,looking down and nibbling on your bottom lip.The music started to pick up into a calming melody and he extended his hand out to you.

"Care to dance?"you grabbed his hand and he guided you to the dance floor,you peaked around to see Mal and Ben not to far off, and then Evie and Doug.Before you could continue to pick out all the pairings,Hades cleared his throat drawing your attention back to him.

"I have this sneaking suspicion your trying to avoid eye contact"he chimed and a blush crept up your face.

"No..I was just"you sighed not being able to come up with an excuse.

"Well I'd appreciate it if you stopped it,I'm trying to make out the deatils in your eyes,by the way did you ever notice you had some black flakes in the (y/e/c) of your eyes?"you coudn't even begin to imagine how red your face was,a little more and you'd probaly have smoke coming out of your ears.

The tune came to an end and you ended up sitting at a table across from each other,talking about anything and nothing at the same time if it was even possible.Even as people began to leave you paid them no mind and not long after you were sitting on the balcony sipping on a cider listening to Hades play something on an acoustic guitar.

"I have to tell you something"his head perked up looking at you,a shadow of worry crossed his features,he had come to only expect the worst of news.

"I think we're meant to be together,I mean I know we've just met,but I feel drawn to you."a grin played on his lips.

"Is this about us being soulmates?"he asked relishing when your eyebrows drew together in bewilderment.He set the guitar down against a wall and made his way over to you,he pulled your hips agains his and you looked up,getting a bit lost in his eyes.

"You look really cute when you're confused"he whispered caressing your cheek.

"How did you?When?"you leaned into his touch.

"When I learned you were among the ones selected to leave for Aurodon I blacked out and got glimpses of what our life together could be,I never thought I'd actually get to live it out."he smiled and leaned in,sending shivers down your spine.You smiled into the gentle kiss and he did the same.

You felt utter bliss after he pulled away and hugged you from behind,letting your head rest against his chest as you both stared at the island on the horizon in a comfortable silence.