Aokime's Father, Kenichi Nishikawa, is known as the "Ice Hashira" or "The Winter Demon Hunter". Kenichi was well known for his strength and durability as he mastered a very strong breathing style known as "The Breath of Ice" or "Ice Breathing Technique." He uses this swords style to take on monsters that been causing chaos all over Japan, known as Demons. He is part of the Demon Slayer Corp. for years, fighting to protect the innocent and eliminate the demons. The Demon Slayer Corp. is a group of swordsmen that are equipped with nichirin blades, weapons created with Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand and Scarlet Crimson Ore that both located on the highest mountain known as the Sunlight Mountain. These weapons were created to slay demons since traditional weaponry would have no effect on them. Within the time period, there was a specific style of swordsmanship that would give these members a fighting chance against the demons. The "Breathing Styles" founded long ago by several legends of the Corp. who would usher in an era for humans to combat the threats. However, a looming evil continues to grow over the lands, and creating more devastating obstacles for the slayers to deal with.

Following back Aokime and Kenichi, they were returning back home after the long day. Upon opening the door, they were greeted by a beautiful woman with pale blue hair and crystallized sapphire eyes.
"Welcome back! How did the hunting go?"
"Mama! Mama! Papa was so cool! He hit two rabbits with one arrow and we then we got attacked by a bear! A real scary large bear, but Papa saved me and killed the bear with one hit and it fell over like a tree! It was amazing!"
At first his Mother flinched when she heard that they were attacked by a bear, but she remembers who he husband was and was calm about it.
"Oh my! That must have been scary for you. Good thing your Father was there to save you."
"Yeah! Best of all, he is going to teach me how to use the blade just like he does!"

His mother, Anoki Nishikawa, had Miso soup ready for us as she turned to hear my news. Her face wasn't all too amused as she gave a menacing glare to Kenichi.
"Sorry for not consulting you first about this, Anoki."
"Honey, are you sure you want to do that? It's not an easy thing to learn. It took your father years to master the skill set he has."
As she knelt down to look her son straight in the eyes.
"I am worried that it will be a very harsh training you will have to go through in order to master it all. You sure you want to do that?"

It was understandable why his mother felt that way, but something inside Aokime was just ready to do whatever it takes to learn it all.
"Yes Mama! I want to be just as strong as you and Papa! That way we all can be safe!"
Kenichi and Anoki chuckled as they saw their son's excitement.
Anoki was also a member of the demon slayer corp. but retired temporarily when Kenichi and Anoki got married. She chose to retire to take care of their future child as the head of the Demon Slayer Corp. gave them support and protection under the condition that Kenichi continued on with his role as the Hashira. Without any objections, Kenichi accepted and helped his wife Anoki to have a home safe from any and all kinds of danger out in the world.

"I can't believe my young man is going to be training with his Father. Please be gentle on him, Kenichi."
"Don't worry Anoki, I promise that Aokime will be the best swordsman of the family and be as strong as his father."
"Well he better be strong enough to protect us both." As she was rubbing her numb on her stomach.
They all shared a good laughed before beginning to eat the food that was prepared. Sharing a warm soup in the winter was a common family afternoon to help them keep warm in the winter.

To ensure the safety of civilians, the Demon Slayers honor a code to do whatever it takes to keep the demons away from humans. With their Nichirin blades, they accepted the task and responsibility that comes with putting their life on the line. Sacrificing anything and everything to push them forward to the very end.

[Demon Slayer: Frozen Butterfly]
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Reitō chō

[Demon Slayer: Frozen Butterfly]Kimetsu no Yaiba: Reitō chō

Art by Mico!