In Love - Wowkwan

Start from the beginning

At night they laid in bed, keeping a respectable distance. Sehyoon turned towards Byeongkwan. 'Did you hear that Yooseok came out as gay?' Byeongkwan nodded. 'What does that mean?' Sehyoon asked.

'It means he likes boys,' Byeongkwan answered, his hands tucked under his face as he faced Sehyoon.

'That's weird."

'What is?'

'A boy liking boys, boys shouldn't like boys.'

'I think it's fine.'

There was a beat of silence. Sehyoon inched closer.

'Do you like boys?'

'I don't have to like boys to think it's okay for boys to like boys," Byeongkwan tittered. Sehyoon pouted.

'How did you know what gay meant and I didn't?'

'I asked Yooseok what it meant and he told me,' Sehyoon nodded. Byeongkwan sighed. 'If I do end up liking boys I don't think it'll be a bad thing.'

'If you end up liking boys I won't be your friend anymore.'

'Why?'

'Because you might end up liking me.'

'Never. You're so gross,' they both quietly laughed. 'If I do end up liking boys but I don't like you would you still be my friend?' Byeongkwan stopped laughing. Sehyoon thought about it for a second.

'Maybe. It'll be weird for a while but I think I'll get used to it,' Byeongkwan nodded, biting his bottom lip. 'Will you tell me if you like boys as soon as you find out?'

'Of course, you're my best friend.'

Byeongkwan lied twice that night. He said he wouldn't like Sehyoon, but he did. He even told him he would tell him as soon as he realised but he didn't.

It was crazy to Byeongkwan that he didn't realise he liked Sehyoon sooner. He was surprised it took him until that one morning at college.

-

It was their last year at college when Byeongkwan came out to Sehyoon and told him he liked him. He remembers the look on Sehyoon's face. It wasn't disgust, it was a mixture of shock and betrayal. 

'You told me you'd never have a crush on me,' Sehyoon pressed his lips into a thin line.

'I know.'

'You also told me you would tell me if you liked boys.'

'I know that too,' Byeongkwan gulped. He was nervous and Sehyoon's reaction wasn't helping.

'So…'

'So..?'

'That's why you would get upset when I talked about my one night stands,' Byeongkwan nodded, his lips tightly pressed together.

'Why didn't you tell me sooner?' Byeongkwan sighed.

'Fear, mainly.'