Mine - Dongjun

The café was slow. it was a little uncommon for it to be slow, but since it was raining it made sense. It was a heavy downpour; the rainwater ran down the streets and flooded alleyways.

Donghun sat on the stool in the middle of the stage, his guitar resting on his lap. He was waiting for everything to be set up so he could start his gig.

“Donghun, everything good?” The manager of the café asked, from the side of the stage.

Donghun looked at her and smiled.

“Yeah, everything’s good,” he said with a smile, turning back towards the mic.

He looked at the small audience, chatting with their friends or on their phones, scrolling. Donghun took a deep breath to calm his nerves before speaking.

“Hello, everyone! I’m Lee Donghun. I’ll be singing a few songs today I hope you enjoy them.” He said

Donghun started to play his guitar, immediately grabbing some attention from the audience. However, once he started singing, everyone was drawn in at the sound of his smooth vocals, it sounded beautiful with the heavy rain hitting the roof and windows. It was oddly calming.

    —

On his last song, a man entered, with short black hair and cat-like features 

Donghun’s eyes were focused on the man as he sang the last verse. His hair was wet, spiking down covering his eyebrows. He was enchanting when he pushed his hair out of his face and slightly stuck his tongue out to wet his lips. He couldn’t help but stare.

The man glanced over to Donghun, breaking into a smile when he caught him staring. Donghun instantly averted his eyes, a blush creeping up on his face. He strung the last chords, heart in his throat, ears ringing with the audience’s applause

“Thank you, everyone,” he said, smiling.

Donghun rose off his stool and exited the stage. He unplugged his guitar, leaning it against the wall as he opened his case with his free hand.

“Hey, you have a great voice,” A voice came from behind him. Donghun looked up to see the man from earlier.

“Do you write songs?” he asked.

“Uh,” Donghun chuckled nervously. “Thanks. Yeah, I write. Why? Just so you know, I don’t do personal songs.”

“No, no,” The man protested. “I was wondering because maybe we could work together? I really liked your voice, and I have a studio, I compose and produce.”

 Donghun stopped packing, thinking. He looked up at him, wondering if he was being serious.

“Is there a catch?”

“Just your number and your time,” The man said, shrugging, a small smile on his face.

Donghun laughed as he stood, holding out his hand.

“My name’s Donghun,” the man took his hand.

“Junhee.”

“Nice to meet you Junhee.”

Donghun let go of Junhee’s hand to pull out his phone. He handed it over, glancing Junhee over once more.

“Put your number in.”

Junhee took the phone, pressing in his number and handing it back to Donghun once he was done.

“I texted myself. So now I have your number,” Junhee said, Donghun nodding in affirmation.  “I’ll text you the next time I’m in the studio.”