Here we go again.

"I don't appreciate the leash I'm on, fancy loosening it a little?" I huffed, raising my brows at Killian.
"Sorry, I don't fancy it" he leant forward, his eyes darkening as he took in my whole body, challenging me. I clenched my legs together, ignoring the warmth that flooded me.

"You're going to have to, I'm his pledge" I spoke, kicking my legs off from the table so I could face him.
Killian clenched his jaw, his eyes darting around my face. "Try and stay as far away from him as possible. Maria to-"
"Not gonna happen" I cut him off, laughing at how ridiculous he was being. "Maria's a friend, it's better for us if we keep it that way-" I rose my brows, "You wanna know why? Because Maria calms Chico down and therefore the Sato Vatos won't come after us" I spoke slowly, trying to reason with Kil. But there was never any reasoning with him when he's like this.
"Until you decide to piss him off" he rolled his eyes, and I smirked.
"Well that's not going to change" I shrugged my shoulders before cocking my head to the side "-but what I want to know is why you are bringing this up now—not months ago" I bit my lip, already knowing it's because of Marcus. If Killian's going to continue with this then I'm going to get under his skin.
"People are starting to talk, thinking your loyalties lie elsewhere. I've said this" he spoke quietly, pulling back his tray. Taking a mouthful of food.
"Because I'm fucking Marcus, right?" I rose my brows, watching him choke and stare at me with wide eyes. "I know what's been said Killian, I'm not worried-" I said as I got up to walk around the table so I was stood behind him. "-and if I'm not worried, then neither should you" I placed my hands on his shoulders feeling him tense under my touch. I ran my hands teasingly down his chest and back up to his shoulders squeezing his muscles until he winced. "I know the real reason why you're bringing this up now-" I growled. "-You're jealous"

Laughing lowly I patted his chest, ignoring his annoyance and went towards the rat's table, giving Killian the middle finger as I did.

I'll let him simmer in his rage for a while.

I sat down next to Marcus shocking not only everyone at the table but everyone in the room. It wasn't normal for a legacy to openly associate with the rats.
"Are you lost?" Lex looked at me with wide eyes making me grumble and rub my head.
"No, just pissed off—so don't annoy me further" I warned, stealing a fry from Marcus's tray. He gave me a long look, leaning his arm on the back of my chair and pushed his tray towards me. I did a double-take as my eyes landed on Shabnam. "The fuck is he doing here?"
It was unusual for me to sit here but I came to this table because I couldn't deal with the incessant yapping of shit that I didn't need to hear right now.
"We were about to ask the same question" Lex raised his brows and Shabnam gulped from our focus on him.
"Uhhh anyway, Marcus, my parental units are gonna be out of town, so me and the crew were thinking of firing up the Commodore 64, a little 'Castle Wolfenstein,' a charcuterie plate" I rolled my eyes, a headache forming.

What is he talking about?

When Marcus didn't show any interest and continued to pay attention to me picking at his food, Shabnam added "My dad probably left some amaretto too, if we wanna get a little crazy"

"We're in" Marcus didn't blink an eye causing Billy to splutter on his apple juice. "Come again?" He spoke in a high and surprised voice.
"Schools dry" Marcus leant forward. "You know, something's better than nothing"
I rolled my eyes, "But is something truly better than nothing, when that something is really nothing at all" I muttered to myself earning a look of confusion from them all, making me shrug.
"My dad was clear-" Marcus nudged Billy's back, his arm grazing the backs of my shoulders as he did. "Just a few friends," Shab said, his eyes wary. Marcus's arm lingered over but he reluctantly removed it, placing it on the table.
Billy grinned and moved to stand behind Shabnam putting his hands on his biceps.
"You can't win an election with just a few friends" I stifled a small chuckle as I watched Marcus smile smugly.
"You need to connect with a proletariat" Lex gestured to himself. "You are all horrible people" I muttered, shaking my head at them. Marcus's eyes gleamed with mischief.