ELEVEN

THE ASSIGNMENT
"admit what you have done"

My eyes darted between each person in the crowd as I watched from the shadows waiting for my target

My eyes darted between each person in the crowd as I watched from the shadows waiting for my target. The roads were blurred with motion, packed with the incessant noise of the hustle and bustle of peoples everyday life. It made me want to roll my eyes at the snippets of conversations I heard when people passed. Mostly people on about their work and dating life. How hard it is to balance between the two of them. How they hate everything and everyone cause life is unfair.

I agree that life is unfair, but there are always people that are worse off than you. My mother always reminded me of that when I was younger and now she's six feet under. So yeah, her statement was correct.

She didn't deserve to die, it should have been me. That part is unfair.

I guess it isn't a good thing to think about how you would trade your life for someone else's. But I'm already dead, everything good about me died with her. That's why death doesn't seem awful to me, cause compared to my life it's peaceful, and once I'm gone I won't suffer anymore. The pain will just disappear.

My first rule when I came to Kings was not to get close to anyone or to care about them. I broke that and I care about more people than I'd like to. Most of them don't know that though. My second rule was to never talk about my past cause I'm paranoid that it'll catch up to me if I let myself think about it for just a second. The note from Lolita indicates that it already has. I haven't had a chance to question her about it yet.

I puffed out smoke from my lungs, my eyes squinting from the headlights of cars passing every now and again. I adjusted the leather bag on my shoulder that contained my bow and arrows as I continued to stare at the police department across the road, where my target worked.

I got the shift times from his desk when I made up some bullshit mugging story last week so I knew exactly what time he finished.
I've had my eyes on him for about a few months, I've learned almost everything about him I could. I just never knew when it was the right time.

My targets name is Tristan Dawn, a piece of crap cop who has taken advantage of young women and children because of the power he has over them. Raped and forced himself onto those people. From what I've seen he does it to his own kids, they walk out of the house with bruises making me want to kill him so much more.

He was meant to go on trial about a month ago, but the victim was found hanging in her living room a day before the trail. There were signs of struggle but it was still ruled as a suicide. Of course from that point, he was found not guilty and those who were going to speak up against him didn't. They didn't want to end up swinging like the poor girl so he got off scot-free. He deserves to die.