"What are those lights?" Angela asked while walking closer into the group of people.

"It's a persons life. Experiences, memories. It's everything. Somewhere in those organic wiring, all of those ripples of light. Is you." He answered while pacing around.

"This person died, who?" Andrea asked.

"Test subject 19. Someone who was bitten, infected and volunteered to have us record the process." He answered.

"Vi scan to first event."
The screen showed the brain getting darker.

"What is that?" Glenn asked.

"It invades the brain like meningitis. The brain goes into shut down then the major organs, then death. Dr Jenner said putting his had down in sadness.

"Everything you were or ever will be... gone." Andrea took a deep breath and turned around with tears in her eyes. Dr Jenner looked at her in confusion.

"She lost somebody two days ago. Her sister." Lori explained

"I lost somebody too. I know how devastating it is." Dr Jenner said while rubbing Andreas back.

"Scan to the second event."

"The resurrection times vary wildly. We have had reports of it happening as little as three minutes. The longest we have heard of is eight hours. In the case of this patient, it was two hours, one minute, seven seconds." The brain started glowing in a burgundy red like the flashes of light they saw before.

"It restarts the brain stem. Basically it gets them up and moving."

"But they're not alive." Rick stated.

"You tell me." Dr Jenner said while pointing to the screen.

"It's nothing like before. Most of that brain is dark."

"Dark, lifeless, dead. The human part of you doesn't come back. Just a shell driven by mindless instinct."

The screen showed a bullet go through the test subjects head and the brain shut down again.

"God, What was that?" Carol asked.

"He shot his patient in the head." Angela said slowly.

"Vi, power down the main screen and work stations."

"Dr Jenner I hate to ask just one more question but that clock, it's counting down. What happens at zero?" Dale asks.

"The basement generators. They run out of fuel."

"And then?" Rick asks. Dr Jenner ignored Rick and walked past him.

"Vi what happens when the power runs out?" Angela asked the machine.

Vi responded, "when the power runs out facility-wide decontamination will occur."

Everyone got flashlights and ran down in the basement. Angela stayed behind with everyone else. She got her bag and told everyone to pack their things Incase we need to leave or something happens. She put her gun in her holster and was ready. Then she heard the air conditioning turn off.

She waved her hand over the air vent. The power was off. She peeked her head out the room door to see everyone confused following Dr Jenner. They all complained and asked questions. Rick, Shane, Glenn, And Tdog ran from out of the basement. They all followed Dr Jenner into the room with computers as he explained what was going on.

"Everybody grab your things we are getting out of here NOW!" Rick yelled while pulling out his gun. Angela started to head to the door then stopped instantly after an alarm came off.

"What's that?" She asked looking around as red lights flashed.

"Thirty minuets til decontamination." The screen showed a clock counting down.

"Everybody get your stuff now come on let's go!" Shane yelled. Angela headed towards the door behind everyone til the door closed shut. Glenn looked back.

"Did you just lock us in? He locked us in!" He yelled. Angela put her hands over her head taking deep breathes. 'What if this is the right thing' she thought.

Shane and Daryl started trying to attack Dr Jenner running at him as dr Jenner recorded something. Dr Jenner explained how the doors won't open and how they won't feel the explosion. Daryl throws his bottle of alcohol on the door. "Open the damn door!" He yelled.

Shane and Daryl grab weapons and start beating at the door. Angela felt nauseous and caught herself on a desk. 'We're gonna die' those words in her head kept repeating as her vision went black.

Daryl launches at Dr Jenner with his axe in the air ready to kill him. Shane and Rick stopped him quick enough. Angela couldn't hear anything. Shane walked up and put his hands on her shoulders. "I know sweetheart I'll get us out of here."

Shane cocked his shotgun and pointed it at doctor Jenner. "You open that door or I'll blow your head off you hear me?" He yelled leaving an echo in the room as Rick tried to stop him. Shane started shooting everything around them. Angela jumped and she could see again. She shook her head at Shane and he stopped.

She looked at the clock counting down. They had about ten minutes. After a couple minutes of arguing he opened the door and they all ran out grabbing their stuff. By the tine they got to the front of the building they had around two minutes left. Angela shot the glass, nothing. Daryl tried to brake the glass with his axe. Nothing. Carol got Ricks attention while searching for something in her bag.

She pulled out a grenade. "Everybody get down." Rick said. Angela got down with her hand around her head. Rick activated the grenade and got down after throwing it.

The glass broke and everyone ran outside to the cars. Angela got into the RV. Dale and Andrea stumbled out. Angela peeked her head out of the RV. "GET DOWN." She yelled.

"Oh shit" she whispered as the ground rumbled. She got down on the floor of the RV. Then BOOM! The C.D.C. was gone.

(Edited)