Chapter 27: Windows and Pillows

Emily’s Pov

I slowly open my eyes to a bunch of fire and wood boards on the ground. 

“Alison,” I yell.

As I wait for her response I get up and throw a piece of wood that was on my leg to the side.  When I get to my feet I don’t hear her respond back so I start looking around in panic.  I start coughing because all the smoke that is getting into my lungs.  I walk across my broken room slowly and see a whole that lead to the closet and I went into the hole and found Alison unconscious on the floor. 

 “Alison,” I yell as I shake her.

 She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me confused.

 “What’s going on,” Alison asks.

 “I don’t know, but there is fire everywhere and we need to get out NOW,” I said as I helped Alison to her feet.

  She put her arm around my neck and got up, but she falls but I catch her before she hits the ground.

  “I don’t feel so good,” Alison said in a faint voice.

  I began to check for wounds and as I am looking at her head I see a big and deep cut on the back of her head.

  “Alison baby I need you to stay awake for me,” I said trying to stay calm.

  Alison just nods her head and we begin to walk.  I walk to the window and smash it so the glass would shatter and then I reached for my pocket and I put my hands in pocket looking for my phone, but there is no sign of it.  Shit I must have fell out of my front pocket dress.  I then start to panic as Alison is trying to stay awake and by the looks of it she is hanging on by a second.  I pick Ali up bridal style and go to my bed and take the covers and put it around Ali. I open my room door and walk out.  I start to walk until I heard a creak and I stopped in my tracks.  I feel like if I take another step I will fall right through.  I slowly put Alison on the side of me and stand they’re having no idea what to do.  As I was trying to think I heard a phone coming from Alison.

  “Alison your phone is ringing pick up ask for help and then hang up and call 911,” I say loudly.

  Alison slowly sits up and takes her phone and out of her purse and puts it on speaker.   She was holding her purse the entire time.

  “I need your help,” Alison says with teary eyes.

  “What do you need,”

  “Come to my house,” Alison says and then hangs the phone up and started to dial 911.

  “911 what your emergency,” The operator said.

  “There is a house fire and my girlfriend and I are stuck,” Alison said trying to wipe her tears away, but they keep falling.

  “Can you state your location,”

  “1830 South Falcon Dr…I think,” Alison said with an unsure voice.

  “Ok I need you to stay on the-,”

  “What happened,” I asked.

  “My fucking phone died,” Alison said with an angry voice.

  Alison gets up slowly and starts passing back and forth.  After a few minutes she stopped and looked at me.

  “Run or leap and I will catch you,” Alison stated.

  “Are you crazy Alison, what if you don’t catch me and I could break a bone or worse,” I said with my voice getting loud.

  “Trust me Em,”