003

Y/N's P.O.V

A year has passed since the day where my life decided to change again. Eren, Mikasa and Armin all decided to join the scouts. Armin and I lost our grandfather due to him getting ill from the work the garrison guards put him through.

Now I'm stood with Mr Shadis in front of the new recruits, "Listen up maggots! This is Y/N she is a scout who has been on leave. She will be training with you all for five years. Treat her with respect!" He says just before their supper.

I see Armin, I look at Mr Shadis, "A word Captain?" Mr Shadis says quietly and I leave with him, "You don't really need to be here do you?"

"You know me well Mr Shadis... I was reckless and very rough around the edges with my attacks last year. I need to train up before I show my face to them again," I tell him and he nods, "May I go have my supper now?"

"Of course," He says and I walk inside.

I spot Armin again, with Mikasa and Eren. I walk to them and smile, "Can I join you?" I ask and Armin smiles at me before I sit down,

I feel eyes on me, but I shake it off, "What are you doing here Y/N?" Eren asks and I look at him confused, "You're a qualified scout, who kept up with her morning routines every day when your leg got better. So why... Why are you starting at the bottom again?"

"Why? Well because I can't show my face to everyone just yet... All I'm here for is for a refresh, nothing more nothing less," I say and sigh, "And if anyone else has an issue with it then fuck off, I can't be asked with pathetic kids who still have their thumbs in their mouths," I say to everyone who is looking at me, with their judging eyes.

Years Later - Year 850

I'm stood beside Mr Shadis looking at the top 10 cadets, "We have paid a terrible price for our 100 years of peace. There was no way we could have reacted to the sudden apparition of that colossal titan given out current level of alertness. As a result we had to abandon our foremost wall. Wall Maria. Mankind's territory has shrunk down to the limits of Wall Rose, within which we stand presently. Even as we speak it's very plausible that this Colossal Titan might actually tear down the wall to come at us any second now," A man I don't recognise says, "When that time comes. Your duty will be to assist the manufacturers, sacrificing your lives to oppose the titan threat!"

"Way to sugar coat it," I mutter and the man look at me glaring, I put my hands up in defence.

"Today, we have officially completed your military training. I will now announce the 10 best among those who obtained satisfactory results. Step forward at the mention of your name," He looks at me and I step forward.

"Mikasa Ackerman! Reiner Braun! Bertholdt Fubar! Annie Leonhardt! Eren Jaeger! Jean Kirstein! Marco Bodt! Conny Springer! Sasha Browse! Krista Renz!" I call out then look at everyone, "I look forward to working with everyone again," I say then I start explaining their next decisions, "Now that you've completed your formations, you have three alternatives. The Garrison, it is to reinforce the walls and protecting every town. The Scouting Region, it is to lay down their lives outside the walls to engage the Titans on their home turf and bring back humanity stronger than ever! Lastly, the Military Police. Who regulates the population and maintain order behind the walls!" I take a deep breath, "It goes without saying, but among the freshest recruits, only the top 10 may directly apply for the Military Police Force," I inform them and step back then Mr Shadis steps forward.

"Tomorrow you will apply for your assignments and today marks the end and the disbanding of the 104th trainee's squad over!" He says and everyone replies with "SIR!"

Time skip brought to you by Mikasa Ackerman

"Huh, you're joining the scouts?" I hear Eren say and I look at him. We're on top of the wall and we have to shoot a cannonball at any Titan we see.

I shake my head and smile, I've been put here to observe their work and protect them if I need to. They are kids, after all, I feel like I'm back to how I was 8 years ago and it feels good.

A bolt of green lightning appeared behind us and suddenly the Colossal Titan was behind us. I turn around and ready myself with my blades glaring at the ugly dickhead opposite me. The hot air from the Titan finds its way to us and was forced to jump off attaching our hooks to a part of the wall.

I pant, "Fuck that was hot," I say and check on everyone, my eyes widen as Samuel falls and Sasha runs down the wall attaching one end of her 3DM gear hooks to the wall and then other Samuel's foot.

Suddenly an impact hits the gate and it's broken, just like 5 years ago. I close my eyes and glaring at the Colossal Titan, "Everyone! Prepare to fight!" Eren says and I look at him, "Your objective lies ahead! The Colossal Titan! Now is our chance, don't let it slip away, he's the only one capable of breaking the wall. We must put down the threat!" Eren yells as he pushes himself back onto the top of the wall.

"EREN!" I yell and grind my teeth, "Idiot," I go to him and look at the Colossal Titan who is looking back at us.

"It's been a while," Eren sneers at the titan.

I watch as the titan swings his arm over the top of the wall, pushing all the cannons off. I grab Eren and jump, zip us around so we land on its arm. The two of us run-up, and zip around to the back of him.

I spin going to cut the nape of the neck, "Die you ugly fucker!" I yell going to slash its neck but as I go to connect my blades. I feel nothing, I look to see it gone, "It disappeared... Again," I mutter.