Chapter 10: Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Hi," she squeaked out.

"I'm just on my way out, do you need anything?"

"I-I just, um, I was wondering if-," Olivia was cut off as William appeared beside Dale, towering over him.

"Come in tutor," William gave a cheeky grin before sauntering back to the kitchen with a beer in his hand. Olivia brows rose slightly.

"Was he like this before or after he picked you up?" she asked as she watched William place the empty bottle on the counter and reach into the fridge for a new one. He popped the top off with ease and leaned against the counter staring over at her and Dale. What had happened to make him drink so soon in-between the time he dropped her off and now.

"What? I've been here sleeping before my shift. I'm going to work right now so I really have to go, but if you need anything help yourself and ignore William. He's being an idiot, messed up and is in some shit right now," Olivia furrowed her brows together. Did he not know? And what did he mean by this is the first time he's left all day? Why did William say he had to pick up Dale when he drove me home?

Maybe because he's a nice guy, a hopeful voice whispered inside her head as Olivia scoffed and entered the apartment, closing the door quietly behind her.

"I know this might be awkward but I need a place to crash, Marley's—," Olivia said once she saw William coming closer hoping he understood. 

"My room," William pointed with the hand that was wrapped around the new beer. Olivia made a face before walking past the couches where they had tutored earlier and past the bathroom where she threw up for the first time and into William's room. Being there brought back the memories, though she wasn't sure anymore if they were unpleasant or desirable.

Olivia surveyed the room, it was fairly clean. A few pieces of clothes on the floor. Schoolwork cluttered the desk. She sat down on the bed and took her hair down. She slipped her coat off and tossed it onto the chair by the desk. Olivia took a deep breath and closed her eyes, calming herself. 

When she opened her eyes again William was there. Leaning against the dresser in front of her, his face unreadable. Olivia had questions burning her throat, threating to come out. She was so confused. No one to talk to. No way to express herself. No way to release all the emotions in her body. She wasn't thinking when William came closer, dropping to his knees in front of Olivia before he lifted his hands. They went to the sides of her face. Brushing softy at the skin before snaking back into her hair. Just then Olivia lost it, she leaned forward, meeting William. Their lips touched gingerly. Olivia felt goose bumps erupt on her skin as they deepened the kiss--

Olivia woke to the sound of someone yelling. She opened her eyes and recognized the room as William's. Her eyes widened as she remembered last night. The bedroom door abruptly opened revealing William with bloodshot eyes and rumpled clothing.

"Good your up. Your roommate keeps calling your cellphone and I have a major headache," William gestured to the living room before leaving the room, almost as if he couldn't stand to be in there with her. Olivia felt confused as she looked around, she didn't even remember falling asleep, just the image of William holding her face before he—

"Olivia! Your phone!" William yelled from the other room making Olivia lurch into action. She left his bedrooms and went into the living room where William had a pillow covering his face as he laid down on the couch where it looks like he had been all night, but she wasn't sure.

"Hello?" she spoke in the phone that was against her ear.

"Thank god Olivia! I've been calling all night! Where have you been? Are you okay? Do I need to come get you--?"