"you'd look better in my shirt"

"How about this?" Albus asked, holding up a plain white button down and eyeing it up and down.

"Seriously? Your school uniform?" Scorpius raised a brow.

"You did say I should look professional. Anyway, no one would know it's my school uniform because we wear robes on top, Scorpius."

"So? You can't wear your school uniform. That's weird. And the collar's wrinkled."

"Could you un-wrinkle it?" Albus tossed it onto his bed.

"No," Scorpius sighed, placing both hands on the dark haired boy's shoulders. "Because you can't wear your school uniform to your brother's graduation. It's just common sense."

"Common sense is knowing not to touch a hot stovetop. Common sense is looking both ways before crossing a street. Common sense is - "

"Okay, I get it, you have no sense of style whatsoever." Scorpius laughed, and Albus gave him a look of mock offence.

In all honesty, Scorpius often found himself wondering how he and Albus even got along. As much as he loved his best friend, he had to admit Albus wasn't the best at deciding what was appropriate to wear. Scorpius still often teased him about the time he wore jeans to his parents' anniversary party.

It wasn't that Albus didn't look good in jeans and an old t-shirt. Scorpius certainly thought he did, but he doubted Albus's parents would agree.

Albus was attempting to pull on a white collared shirt, but it was obvious he hadn't touched the thing in ages. The sleeves barely went past his wrist, and he pulled it off almost immediately with a frustrated sigh.

"Why's graduation such a big deal?" Albus muttered. "It's not even my own."

"Because James is an adult now, that's why."

"James? An adult?" Albus scoffed. "Please."

Scorpius laughed as he continued to ruffle through Albus's trunk, looking for something that could at least pass as formal wear, but his search seemed to be going nowhere.

"Can't I just wear this?" Albus pouted, holding up the white long sleeved button down he wore under his school robes. "You said I looked good in it once."

Scorpius felt his cheeks warm slightly. "You do look good. In your school robes. Or any robes. But I think you'd look better in my shirt."

Albus raised a brow, and Scorpius crossed their dormitory over to his own trunk, from which he pulled out a smooth, cream coloured white shirt, getting rid of its neat fold.

He supposed it was a slightly fancier, significantly cleaner version of the white shirt Albus had crumpled up and tossed onto his bed. Not to mention the texture was much nicer.

"Try this," Scorpius said, handing it to him.

Albus eyed it up and down for a moment, and shrugged before pulling off the wrinkled shirt he had on and swapping it for the more professional looking one.

Scorpius was absolutely certain of one thing. Albus certainly looked better in the shirt than he did. In fact, he couldn't think of a single person who could have pulled off the shirt better, as hard as he tried.

"So?" Albus asked, the shirt only half buttoned. "How do I look?"

"Wonderful," Scorpius let out a soft breath, hoping his response hadn't come out sounding too passionate.

"Really?"

"Really," Scorpius nodded. "Hold on."

He stepped forward, so that they were only inches apart. Heart beating rapidly, he grabbed either side of the part that still hadn't been buttoned, and started working his way up.

"What would I do without you?" Albus grinned, as Scorpius finished the final one, his fingers gently brushing Albus's collarbone.

"Die, probably."

"Yeah," Albus laughed. "Definitely. Now are you going to pick something out for yourself, or are you going to show up wearing your weirdly fancy silk pyjamas?"

"Shut up."

THIS IS SO BAD IM SORRY AKDKDKDN

- gxldensnitched <3