Meeting His Parents-Joe Mazzello

A/N: This was requested by ElizabethJamesJones
Y/h/t = your home town

"Joe, what if they don't like me?" I ask, curling my hair. Today, I am going to meet Joe's parents and I am super nervous. "Don't worry, y/n. They'll love you." Joe reassures me, squeezing my shoulders. "You don't know that, Joey."  I sigh. "Okay, maybe I don't, but I do know this. You, y/n l/n are love of my life and if they don't like you. Well, they're just going to have to deal with you." Joe kisses me neck. "Thank you, baby." I smile. "Okay, Joe. Stop. I don't want to have a hickey when I meet your parents." I add, giggling. "I don't care." Joe shrugs. "Funny. I do." I say sternly. "Seriously, Joe. I have to finish getting ready if we want to make it to your parents' house on time." I laugh. "Fine." Joe huffs, leaving the bathroom. I finish curling my hair and doing my makeup. I put on this:

"Come on, y/n! You're so slow!" Joe shouts from the kitchen

"Come on, y/n! You're so slow!" Joe shouts from the kitchen. "I'm coming. Hold your horses." I laugh, skipping down the stairs. I slip on my booties and Joe slips on a pair of dress shoes. He is wearing this:

 He is wearing this:

"You look fancy." I smile. "Thank you. So do you." Joe laces his fingers with mine. Joe and I get in his car. "I'm super nervous." I sigh. "Don't be. I'll be there with you the whole time. Okay, maybe not the whole time because my mom might want to have a one-on-one conversation with you, but you're super good at winging things. I mean, you interview actors about their new movie." Joe shrugs. "Yeah, but I know who I'm meeting and I come up with questions." I groan. "But you never know what they are going to say." Joe defends himself. "Fair enough, but Joseph I'm not good at answering questions. Only asking them." I say, resting my hand on the console. "Just remember, I will be with you majority of the time and when I'm not with you, just pretend like I am." Joe grabs my hand. "Okay." I breathe out. We get to his parents' house. Joe knocks on the door. An older lady, who I presume is Joe's mom opens the door. "Joseph!" She smiles, pulling Joe into a hug. "Hi, mom." Joe smiles. An older man, who I presume is Joe's dad walks up behind his mom. "Hi, dad." Joe smiles. "Hello, Joseph." He smiles back. "Mom, dad. This is my girlfriend, y/n." Joe says, his arm wrapped around my waist. "Hello, Mister and Missus Mazzello. It's a pleasure to meet you." I smile, shaking their hands. "Please, call me Virginia." Joe's mom says. "Okay." I smile and nod. "Please, come inside and make yourselves comfortable." Virginia steps aside to let us in. Joe takes me hands and pulls me inside. I take off my shoes and follow Joe to the large living room. We sit down on the loveseat and I cross my legs. Joe's parents walk into he living room with a bottle of wine. "Wine?" Virginia asks. "Please." I smile. She pours me a glass and gives it to me. "Thank you." I nod. "No problem." She says, continuing to pour glasses of wine. I take a sip of the red wine and relax. Okay, this isn't as nerve wracking as I thought. I think to myself. "Mom, dad. Why don't I give y/n a tour of the house?" Joe asks, putting his glass down. "Good idea, Joseph." His dad says. I put my glass down on a coaster and stand. Joe gives me a tour of the house. "And this is my room. It's pretty big." Joe says, opening the door and revealing his bedroom. "It's almost as if it's frozen in time." I whisper. "Yeah. Mom and dad like that our bedrooms look like what they did before we moved out." Joe says, shrugging. "That's cool." I smile. "Let's get going back to the living room." Joe kisses my temple. I nod and we return to the living room. We talk to his parents for about an hour. "Joe, why don't you and your father go and have a conversation outside and I'll talk to y/n." Virginia smiles. Joe nods and squeezes my hand. He stands and follows his father to the patio. "So, y/n. Do you love joe?" She asks. "With all my heart." I answer. "When did you two meet?" She asks. "We met when he was filming Undrafted. I interviewed him." I explain. "When did you say 'I love you?'" She asks. "About a year after we started dating." I smile. "Who said it first?" She raises an eyebrow. "I did." I say. "Do you planned on getting married and having kids?" She crosses her legs. "Yes. Joe and I have had that conversation many times." I smile. "Where were you born?" She asks. "Y/h/t. I moved here to go to school."  I explain. "What did you go to school for?" She raises her eyebrows. "Journalism." I answer. She nods. "Do you play any instruments?" She asks. "Yes. Piano." I nod. She stares at me as though she is analyzing my every movement and word. I shift uncomfortably, uncrossing and recrossing my legs. "Are you healthy?" She looks me up and down. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Do you smoke, take drugs or drink alcohol excessively?" She elaborates. "No. I workout regularly and I haven't been sick for a couple months." I breathe out. "Y/n, we have to go." Joe walks into the room. "Okay." I sigh happily. I finish my wine and we say goodbye. I put my booties on and we leave. "So, what did you think?" Joe asks. "It was okay. Your mom likes to ask a lot of questions about our relationship." I run my hands together. "She's like that. My dad told me that you are very polite and kind. He approved." Joe smiles at me, his hand slipping into mine.