Say the Word

( Daryl's P.O.V.) 

" We didn't clear A block yet." I pointed out. " It's possible-" 

Beth's head turned, and so did everyone else's turned to the blood-covered Maggie and Carl, tears running down their cheeks.

" Rick." Maggie started. 

" Dad," Carl said. " Mom and.... they... I had to...."

Rick walked over to Carl, bent down, and hugged him. " You didn't have to do that." 

" Yes, I did Dad. I didn't want them to turn." 

"Where are they?' 

" Nobody needs to see that Dad." Carl said, breaking down.

" I'll go." I said.  

" Darl-" 

" I'll go. You need to be with your kid." 

" Dad, you told me I needed to grow up, but it sucks." Carl said as I passed him, heading the way that he and Maggie came. 

I went through the cell blocks, grabbed some sheets and followed the blood trails, and found Lori's dead body, along with Carl's jacket covering the baby, blood covering most of it. 

I wrapped both of them up and dragged them out. 

Everyone else was still exactly where they were when I came out, and laid them by the fence as multiple gunshots rang out, followed by Lucy screaming HELP! BLOCK A!" 

Glenn and I darted to help, following Lucy's cries for help. When we got there, Dani was laying on the floor, bleeding from her left knee. 

" Is she-" Glenn said.

" No, she just fainted. " Andrea, Andrea needs help. Thomas is...was a killer. He got her pretty good. She's not dead, but." 

" Where is she?" 

" A-Around the c-c-corner." She shuddered.

I walked around the corner and saw her, holding a towel around her mouth.

I helped her up as Glenn ran back, to the front door, yelling for help.

Dexter came running in, followed by Andrew, covered in sweat.

Dexter picked up Dani and darted back to Hershel, then Andrea and I later. 

Alice and Hershel worked on them while Lucy cried her eyes out.

After a while of her talking to herself, Dexter held her as she continued. Even responding to her questions. 

We are going to have a long day.